Gotway Begode Rs 19 DOA

I received a RS in the mail today and a yesterday and upon pulling it out of the Box I found that it would only power on with the charger plugged in, the app States that it's at a 100% and the charger's light is green but whenever you unplug it it just dies and won't turn back on anybody have any have any suggestions? I'm pretty upset honestly. I've been waiting since April 21st for this thing and this is what happens 😡 ewheels says that they are shipped dead but the charger and app say otherwise. 

• Like 1

It doesn't turn on at all without the charger, or does it just not balance?  If it just doesn't balance, you need to take it out of travel mode by turning it on, holding the lift switch, pressing the power button 5 times, then turn it off and back on again.  I really hope that's the issue...

• Like 1

Yeah, it won't turn on without the charger connected. I unlocked it while connected. As soon as you unplug the charger it turns off. I'm letting it sit on the charger for a while and will check in an hour, but the app says 100% out of the Box and the chargers green light has stayed on so I'm not expecting much. Unfortunately I think I got a dud. Great QC. Lol

• Like 1

Strange, ...... It will only power on with the charger connected. The charger stays green. The app says 100% battery. It sounds like the batteries are unplugged. ( no power and nothing to charge. Hmmmmm? Does it weigh 53-63 pounds? They do sell wheels without batteries. 

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 1

I would ask if the battery is disconnected, but then why would the app show 100%?

Seems like a board error, maybe a bad firmware flash.

Keep at it! Getting into EUCs can be really annoying (with stuff like this) but once everything is running, you're in paradise. Don't let this sour you on our beloved rides. And ewheels has great customer service. See it as a (frustrating but not too uncommon) rite of passage. Sorry, this is the best I can make of this situation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I would ask if the battery is disconnected, but then why would the app show 100%?

It is only on when the charger is plugged in. It checks voltage. If the voltage is 100v than the batteries are fully charged. Even if there are no batteries. 

• Like 2

I agree with @RockyTop. this sounds like the batteries are unplugged. You'll need to open up the side panels and plug in all of the battery connections -- the cabling should already be in place so you shouldn't really need to search for anything. Just make sure that follow this order or you could get some pretty big sparks!

1) Make sure the main power connector going to the board is UNPLUGGED.

2) Connect the left-side battery cables.

3) connect the right-side (control board side) battery cables.

4) If your control board uses an XT-90 connector then slowly connect the primary power cable to it, allowing a few seconds for the capacitors to charge before fully inserting the connector. If it uses an XT-60 connector then just plug it in quickly, being aware that there will likely be a fair-sized spark when you do so. 

I hope the problem is just the batteries being disconnected for shipping, otherwise you should contact eWheels again and see what they suggest!

Thanks guys, Ewheels is having me ship it back. I could probably get in and see what's up, but hopefully they send some goodies for the trouble. I had already waited 3 months for it.

Edited by Aaro
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, RockyTop said:

It is only on when the charger is plugged in. It checks voltage. If the voltage is 100v than the batteries are fully charged. Even if there are no batteries. 

I believe the charge plug goes right into the battery, not in any way through the board. And the battery goes to the board, which measures the voltage. So if the batteries were unplugged, the board would not get to measure anything from the charger.

That's why I think it must be a board error.

13 hours ago, Aaro said:

Thanks guys, Ewheels is having me ship it back. I could probably get in and see what's up, but hopefully they send some goodies for the trouble. I had already waited 3 months for it.

Right choice imho. Not your job to troubleshoot a brand new expensive wheel. Look forward to a working, great wheel. Hopefully soon.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:
18 hours ago, RockyTop said:

I believe the charge plug goes right into the battery, not in any way through the board.

True enough. The MSX that I owned had  a Y connector that goes between the 1)the board, 2)the charing port and 3)the batteries. So the charger goes straight to the batteries and at the same time to the board. If you disconnect the batteries the charger is still connected to the board. The board reads the full voltage and thinks that the batteries are fully charged. 
It could still be the board. I am just saying that I see no prof of any batteries being connected. 

• 2 weeks later...