Have MSP Speed looking for 2nd wheel

Hi! I'm in a bit of a weird spot. I have a MSP Speed and I use it almost every day to commute to work and get around town. I'm looking to get a 2nd wheel and I'm trying to figure out what to get. I'm thinking something something that is more capable for hills and trails because my MSP is AWESOME at getting around town and it does ok at hill but I'm looking for something I can take out on trails and stuff. I'm used to riding at ~30-40 mph so I dont really want a wheel that is slower than that. I'm eyeballing the EX.N because I think the sherman is too heavy, the monster pro isn't great at trails and since i already have a msp I feel like getting a RS torque or MSP torque seems kind of weird. Does this sound like reasonable logic? 

If it's really for trails, then nothing beats either the MPS or RS high torque yet. Most people on trails don't ever need to go faster than the 35mph+ that either can do. 

But I have a feeling that you're just itching for "the next upgrade." Your current wheel is already one of the best out there. If the short list of newer wheels like the EXN, EX, Sherman, or Monster Pro don't excite you, then it's very likely that your next upgrade has yet to be developed.

I'm waiting for a high performance suspension wheel, and I bet others are too. Here's hoping something like that comes out soon.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 12:55 PM, Wookz said:

Hi! I'm in a bit of a weird spot. I have a MSP Speed and I use it almost every day to commute to work and get around town. I'm looking to get a 2nd wheel and I'm trying to figure out what to get. I'm thinking something something that is more capable for hills and trails because my MSP is AWESOME at getting around town and it does ok at hill but I'm looking for something I can take out on trails and stuff. I'm used to riding at ~30-40 mph so I dont really want a wheel that is slower than that. I'm eyeballing the EX.N because I think the sherman is too heavy, the monster pro isn't great at trails and since i already have a msp I feel like getting a RS torque or MSP torque seems kind of weird. Does this sound like reasonable logic? 

1- Exn weighs 5lbs less then a Sherman. So if you don’t like the weight of a Sherman your not gonna like the weight of an exn. 

2- Going from an msp to an exn your not gonna notice much difference in riding experience. The exn is just a heavier msp. 

Top trail riders such as mike leahy use Msp HT…. So if your main focus is off roading I wouldn’t go with a high performance street wheel such as an exn / Sherman. You want something lighter with HT. Hope this helps.