Day #1 in the books 3 hours practice

No1up

Update: 

I now own a sherma, sent to me by ewheels. Should be here tomorrow. I've come a long ways fellas. 

So so far I've owned the s18, AR Nikola+, and now the sherman. I've been able to ride the 16x, 18XL and v11. 

I absolutely loved the AR Nikola+ she's such a show stopper and her performance was tops. Always felt like she had much more to give. The lights and speakers were just awsome. Definitely needs better pettles, stock were too small for my Size 10 wide foot. Clark peddles are the ticket.. sold her a few days ago though. Why? 

Two reasons. 

1) I was always paranoid I'd wake up to my house burning down. With so many 21700  batteries. Every time I plugged her in the wall outlet arced. It was always unnerving charging her. The ewheels version with the safe battery packs should be ready very very soon and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend that one. It's missing the AR l.e.d ring but I'll give that up for safety and peace of mind. 

2) at very very very low speed she got away from me (my fault). And tumbled about two times, the trollt handle bent, and the shell tool a large scrape. I can't even imagine what a "at speed" spill would look like. It needsa  better trolly handle. Not a HUGE deal, the new handle was $30 bucks and it was good as new. The battery thing was my main concern. 

I still have the s18 and she's been an incredible and reliable wheel. Very comfortable, very fun, and in the day time she gets all the attention. I'll be selling her soon.. why? 

As I've gotten better, I demand more and more from my wheel. The AR NK+ showed me how a none suspension wheel can still be very comfortable, fun, and not hard on the knees if you get the psi right. Nothing like suspension but not terrible. I did feel much more comfortable doing drops without worry I'd bend my rim on the s18, I'd never drop off a large curb on the Nikola. She's very easy to maneuver  for an 18" wheel. HOWEVER. Pushing in the 30mph zone I'd like a 20" wheel. Battery at 30mph and kingsong safety  can't give me what I want. I can't imagine how scary tilt back would be at 30mph. I hate to let her go as she's been very very fun. Fun note, she's never been dropped. Well, 1 time at 0 mph lol when I was learning. 

So while talking to Jason at ewheels he's like "I have a few Sherman's coming tomorrow might have one available if you want one?"

I'm like.. well, I can sell my s18 and Nikola and bobs your uncle. I hate going back to only one wheel. But I feel the sherman has proven to be mostly reliable, high quality, quality batteries, and tough. I will need to installed speakers #1 and L.E.Ds as they are so much fun on night rides. I'm hoping the sherman doesn't give me any trouble for the next year or so. I'd like to get an s20 after a few batches. If the sherman hadn't already been through a few batches, I would have passed but this is thr latest, and probably one of the last so, I had to do it, or forget about it as I refuse to buy a version 1 wheel. Not at these price points. I figured this was batch 4 or 5 and had been well street tested. It was ahead of its time in that it's right up there with all the new wheels. The Nikola proved to me the suspension isn't as important for the way I ride. I can't wait to see what possibilities the roll cage adds. I already have my gopro clamp ready. My gaurdian angel light speaker mounting system. This should be fun. 

The way I ended up with a sherman makes me laugh. If you read my first post I swore if never buy something like this on a whim.. but, here we are. 🤣

Edited by No1up
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, No1up said:

Update: 

I now own a sherma, sent to me by ewheels. Should be here tomorrow. I've come a long ways fellas. 

So so far I've owned the s18, AR Nikola+, and now the sherman. I've been able to ride the 16x, 18XL and v11. 

I absolutely loved the AR Nikola+ she's such a show stopper and her performance was tops. Always felt like she had much more to give. The lights and speakers were just awsome. Definitely needs better pettles, stock were too small for my Size 10 wide foot. Clark peddles are the ticket.. sold her a few days ago though. Why? 

Two reasons. 

1) I was always paranoid I'd wake up to my house burning down. With so many 21700  batteries. Every time I plugged her in the wall outlet arced. It was always unnerving charging her. The ewheels version with the safe battery packs should be ready very very soon and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend that one. It's missing the AR l.e.d ring but I'll give that up for safety and peace of mind. 

2) at very very very low speed she got away from me (my fault). And tumbled about two times, the trollt handle bent, and the shell tool a large scrape. I can't even imagine what a "at speed" spill would look like. It needsa  better trolly handle. Not a HUGE deal, the new handle was $30 bucks and it was good as new. The battery thing was my main concern. 

I still have the s18 and she's been an incredible and reliable wheel. Very comfortable, very fun, and in the day time she gets all the attention. I'll be selling her soon.. why? 

As I've gotten better, I demand more and more from my wheel. The AR NK+ showed me how a none suspension wheel can still be very comfortable, fun, and not hard on the knees if you get the psi right. I also like the feeling of the road. Think zero shoes, vs really realt padded shoes. I feel more balanced when I can feel the road. I did feel much .ore comfortable doing drops without worry I'd bend my rim. I'd never drop off a large curb on the Nikola. The s18 would eat it up. HOWEVER. Pushing in the 25mph speed I eat the battery REALLY fast now. And that's where the s18 just can't give me what I want. I hate to let her go as she's been very very fun. Fun note, she's never been dropped. Well, 1 time at 0 mph lol when I was learning. 

So while talking to Jason at ewheels he's like "I have a few Sherman's coming tomorrow might have one available if you want one?"

I'm like.. well, I can sell my s18 and Nikola and bobs your uncle. I hate going back to only one wheel. But I feel the sherman has proven to be mostly reliable, high quality, quality batteries, and tough. I will need to installed speakers #1 and L.E.Ds as they are so much fun on night rides. I'm hoping the sherman doesn't give me any trouble for the next year or so. I'd like to get an s20 after a few batches. If the sherman hadn't already been through a few batches, I would have passed but this is thr latest, and probably one of the last so, I had to do it, or forget about it as I refuse to buy a version 1 wheel. Not at these price points. I figured this was batch 4 or 5 and had been well street tested. It was ahead of its time in that it's right up there with all the new wheels. The Nikola proved to me the suspension isn't as important for the way I ride. I can't wait to see what possibilities the roll cage adds. I already have my gopro clamp ready. My gaurdian angel light speaker mounting system. This should be fun. 

The way I ended up with a sherman makes me laugh. If you read my first post I swore if never buy something like this on a whim.. but, here we are. 🤣

Man, I remember you were just about to sell your S18 thinking you'd never learn. Now it looks like you've been enjoying the hell out of the Nikola, plus a Sherman's on the way! It's been really great reading about your EUC journey so far. 

I got a Sherman on the way as well. In fact, I'm at home waiting for a delivery as I'm typing this. Looks like yours and mine are in the same batch. :)

Finally got a chance to ride the sherman.. holly hell. I was expecting a heavier nikola+. Nope, this thing MOVES!! I'm a little scared of it, she has SO much power. I can't even wrap my mind around what the s20 will do. I think I might need to downgrade.. its too much! Lol 😆 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, No1up said:

Finally got a chance to ride the sherman.. holly hell. I was expecting a heavier nikola+. Nope, this thing MOVES!! I'm a little scared of it, she has SO much power. I can't even wrap my mind around what the s20 will do. I think I might need to downgrade.. its too much! Lol 😆 

Now you just need to try an 18" Gotway to get a good comparison against the S20. If you think the Sherman accelerates fast, wait till you get on the EXN or MSP/RS torque, they will blow your mind. There's so much power you can make the tire skip on asphalt from accelerating or braking! When I tried the Sherman it felt sluggish compared to Gotway's newest 18" wheels especially at slower speeds.

Mommy sounds good. I'm loving the Sherman's handling right now. Plenty of power for me... for now. The gotways just leave me worried every time I charge. The nikola+ blew one of my home outlets.. no joke. 

21 hours ago, Esso said:

What happened? Were you using the standard charger or a high amp charger?

Standard. I find that my sherman doesn't arc if I plug it in to the EUC and screw it in tight. I couldn't really do that with the Nikola because it was terrible to screw it on and off.