Day #1 in the books 3 hours practice

No1up

13 hours ago, No1up said:

So open is + and closed is -? 

13 hours ago, Dreygun said:

Can't remwmber. Turn all the way to one side and push down on wheel. If it is super slow rebounding, go all the qay to opposite end and then go back 7 to 10 clicks and you should be good. 

You're both talking about different things. No1up is asking about the blue lever (and I can't remember the answer!) and Dreygun is talking about the red dial hidden behind. I also find my suspension isn't all that responsive, perhaps because of the friction of the Big Washers. However, I'm going to put miles on and get used to how it feels now so that I am more attuned to any changes I make.

Open is - which is not very logical to me. I rode mine with the suspension locked for a bit before realizing my mistake. Make sure that the rubber band go down to 20% when you push the wheel down. It actually made a huge difference for me especially going over bumps!

Did 28 miles last night.. hit 20mph top speed for the first time ever on any device! It came so easily! 

Loved the wheel except for ONE thing. We had to dismount to go down a retaining wall.. my handle didn't kill the wheel in the carry position.  It just kept spinning. By the time I had it figured out, everyone was gone! The handle might be a deal breaker for me. I already hated it, not I REALLY hate it. I might sell the s18 and buy a V12 or an 18XL. The handle fucking blows. 

• Like 1

Yes and this happens with any EUC. You need to experience the crazy spinning before you get very careful with it. Good thing you didn't hurt yourself! I rubbed my leg with my first wheel and it was a bit unpleasant.

Yep! You have to wait for the beep before you pick up any Kingsong wheel.
Next lesson for any wheel. You have to turn the wheel off before lifting and placing it on a stand. Otherwise once the wheel is on the stand and the handle goes back down the wheel spins up again. Once the wheel is spinning it won’t stop until it is perfectly balanced ( not going to happen) or it over speeds. 

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, No1up said:

Did 28 miles last night.. hit 20mph top speed for the first time ever on any device! It came so easily! 

Loved the wheel except for ONE thing. We had to dismount to go down a retaining wall.. my handle didn't kill the wheel in the carry position.  It just kept spinning. By the time I had it figured out, everyone was gone! The handle might be a deal breaker for me. I already hated it, not I REALLY hate it. I might sell the s18 and buy a V12 or an 18XL. The handle fucking blows. 

Sounds like you’re still going to have to sell the S18, but now for an entirely different reason ;)

Here’s an alternative suggestion: Keep the wheel and buy a V12 or 18XL if you can. It’s very common among riders to have more than one wheel for different types of riding (trail, road, etc) and/or to still have the ability to ride while one wheel is charging.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ebizu said:

Sounds like you’re still going to have to sell the S18, but now for an entirely different reason ;)

Here’s an alternative suggestion: Keep the wheel and buy a V12 or 18XL if you can. It’s very common among riders to have more than one wheel for different types of riding (trail, road, etc) and/or to still have the ability to ride while one wheel is charging.

But.. the sherman.. 

Man, I just don't know. But it was awesome. Definitely selling my Onewheel lol 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, No1up said:

But.. the sherman.. 

Man, I just don't know. But it was awesome. Definitely selling my Onewheel lol 

Ah... the Sherman, indeed. 

I've already decided to sell my XR as well. Just waiting on a friend who has a Pint to decide whether he wants to upgrade to the XR, or go the EUC route. I'm hoping it's the latter. 

At least you don't have to decide right away. Take your time and enjoy what the S18 has to offer. If you have friends who ride or EUC groups around your area, see if you can get a feel for other wheels like the Sherman.

Quick note: You'll notice that it's relatively different riding an EUC without suspension, which might actually make you consider keeping the S18.

Just reading through No1up's progress from the first post brought back my own memories where I also thought to myself I just wasted $2000... At the time I didn't know anyone who rode EUC and I didn't know about this forum either. But once that moment where the balancing finally "clicked" and was able to wobble 10ft down the sidewalk, the feeling of overwhelming joy like...I would say better than my first time.:ph34r: . Just want to say thanks for sharing your journey, it allowed me to re-live that moment again :D

• Like 2

I had a feeling that the s18 would get the last laugh over the Onewheel. Mounting will become easier with practice.

Yeah, just make sure the wheel beeps before you pick it up so it doesn't spin out of control. (also make sue it beeps again before you get on and try to ride)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, No1up said:

I might sell the s18 and buy a V12 or an 18XL. The handle fucking blows. 

Totally and absolutely fundamentally blows. I think the price is down to $500 now, right? Please? I still have my spot in line, correct?

well, ok. but hope springs eternal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

Totally and absolutely fundamentally blows. I think the price is down to $500 now, right? Please? I still have my spot in line, correct?

well, ok. but hope springs eternal.

I'd be hard pressed to turn down $1700.. 🤔

BTW, anyone want a Gopro Hero 5 black? $100 bucks.. 

This has been a funy post to read over the last week.

The initial "waste of 2 grand" is so common, but it was a nail biting case of 'is this guy going to stick it out'. As you have, you've now unlocked the skill of EUC riding and (I assume) now don't regret a moment of it.

5 hours ago, PourUC said:

This has been a funy post to read over the last week.

The initial "waste of 2 grand" is so common, but it was a nail biting case of 'is this guy going to stick it out'. As you have, you've now unlocked the skill of EUC riding and (I assume) now don't regret a moment of it.

Currently seeking my second wheel..

🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, No1up said:

I have the v12 pre ordered.. 🤣

Next thing you know, you'll have five wheels... The S18, the Nikola, the V12, the Sherman (or whatever comes after the Sherman) and perhaps the Monster Pro! :)