Is there an EUC that can climb a 50°+ hill gradient?

Lateralus

Is there an EUC that can climb a 50°+ hill gradient?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Can it be done?

• Yes
    • No

7 hours ago, Lateralus said:

See the whole issue comes from our differing views on acceptable factors.

That seems to be the case.

The curb comparison is a straw-man argument.

Sounds like you like to analyze the counter arguments with a much tighter critique than you have for the “hill” “climbing” conditions.

A strawman argument points to an example that is notably different from the original. In my example, just like in the video you posted, 1) hill height was allowed to be short enough to enable additional means and techniques to get up the obstacle, and 2) the wheel was not required to have sufficient grip and/or power to continue the climb indefinitely.

These are the exact factors that others have as well pointed out being incorrect to be able to say that the wheel is capable of riding up such a hill.

The question is, how long does the hill have to be for you to be able to say that the wheel is able to ride up the steepness? So far you’ve expressed that a 10cm curb is not enough, but a ~2m incline is. How about 1m? 1.5m? This is where the common denominator differs, your opinion requires a predetermined limit that is not known to other parties of the discussion.

What I wanted to show, is that you can squeeze out more performance from it than anyone imagined and indeed climb 53 degrees under it's own power

It wasn’t only under its own power though. If it was, it would be able to go on for much longer as well, wouldn’t it? The rider used kinetic energy and his own jumping power to assist him getting up enough to grab the ledge by his hands. If additional forces like this are allowed, it opens up a whole new aspect for discussion. Which additional forces are allowed, and how much? Again, limits and allowances that are not known to others.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, mrelwood said:

The V11 can climb up a 90 degree gradient, even with a 100kg rider!

This is wild. I'm only a beginner and I can top that in all parameters: V8F, 100° and 110 kg. :D

• Like 1