Riding with charge port left or right?

Planetpapi

Yesterday I accidentally mounted my Tg-F3 with charge port on left. I immediately noticed the pedals are inclined front downwards about an inch.  At first that felt odd but I get used to it in few minutes.

What I observed was, with charge port on left, I get more speed and tilt back happens a bit late. When the pedals tilt back, it wasn't that harsh either. At the high speeds ( 6mph :P ) the ride was cushiony with subtle tilting back and forth. Obviously horizontal alignment wasn't  aligned properly but should it matter? I kind of liked it this way just because I can ride a mile faster than normal.

What do you guys think? Should I correct ( I don't know how)  the alignment or leave it as is?

Does anyone mis-align the wheel purposefully? 

I have a no-name wheel similar to this one and it's pretty much bidirectional. On another forum I saw a mention that the tire has a raised arrow showing the rotational direction that you should use, so I tend to ride mine that way (charge port on the right for this model). For knobby tires there may not be a direction, but tread tires do have grooves that are made to improve traction and channel away water better in one direction.

I doubt it. It's a no name brand and don't know much about their service, if it exists at all. But they make nuclear technology wheelbarrows and eight-core technology electronic products!  :)

TGs have the same controller than X3 and the same horizon calibration procedure : short two pins, hold your wheel horizontal, power up, wait for calibration, power down, remove short, that's it. I've done this procedure many times on both types of wheels to have them inclined forward at idle to (slightly) relieve strain on my ankles when cruising.

The charge port must be at your right for the charge leds to give the correct visual. But other than that (and the pedals' angle), I see no difference in the wheel's behavior.

TGs have the same controller than X3 and the same horizon calibration procedure : short two pins, hold your wheel horizontal, power up, wait for calibration, power down, remove short, that's it. I've done this procedure many times on both types of wheels to have them inclined forward at idle to (slightly) relieve strain on my ankles when cruising.

Archived