I'm trying to decide on a first wheel the s18 for its water resistance and it's simpily available altho I've heard of cut outs from hard acceleration.

Or the rs19 torque it's on backorder right now for about 6 weeks till they ship out.

The extra torque would be nice since I am a heavy rider 6"4 at about 210 or so with no gear on 

Let me know what you guys think          Thanks!

S18 and RS tend to cater for quite different target groups. It would help us makes recommendations if you’d tell us for example where and how you plan to ride, what’s your experience level, past wheels, what are you looking for in your next wheel, etc.

I think the two wheels are polar opposites of each other. You need to decide what your use case scenario is and see which best suits.

Advantage of standard EUC without suspension is you learn how to ride better and get better results. Potential issue with suspension as a first wheel is you can develop bad riding technique if you are not mindful (As long as you ride with slightly bent knees should be ok but our brains tend to use the easiest method creating lazy posture). But having said that there are no rules saying you have to ride a particular way so it doesn't matter as long as you are comfortable.

Rs19 is 100V is quicker, has more range and bigger motor so I imagine (but don't know as I haven't ridden one) better torque. 27Kg so a more capable wheel

S18 is 84V, smaller battery, smaller motor, 25.5Kg. and has suspension. Good for trails, roads, potholes. More forgiving on terrain and on roads and on your posture.

If you want to go faster than 25MPH frequently for longer periods the S18 is not suitable. Although states top speed 31MPH this is only good for short distances, I have heard as a general rule of thumb at 30% Battery suggest max 15MPH to avoid cut-outs. I don't ride my S18 fast so you will need to see other comments to know how long and what battery capacity people are happy travelling  at higher speeds. Hope this helps a little. 

My experience is limited 400miles on S18 and mile or two on MCM5 V2. So take this into account.

3 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I have heard as a general rule of thumb at 30% Battery suggest max 15MPH to avoid cut-outs.

Just to comment on this… Do you mean for the S18 or all EUCs? For S18 it could have some sense in it, but as a general rule it doesn’t make sense. Different wheels have 30% at different voltages, and different wheels also can have very different amounts of battery power and capacity left.

Personally I don’t think speed is the first thing one should learn to limit at low battery, since batteries can still do semi-fast speed at low charge levels just fine. It’s the amount of acceleration/power that riders should learn to limit. If there’s a danger of a surprise pothole or if the rider doesn’t understand which situations require a lot of power, then one does need to limit the speed. But a familiar road with a gentle downhill and great visibility is no problem at a low battery level.

16 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

But a familiar road with a gentle downhill and great visibility is no problem at a low battery level.

Thats good to know.

23 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Personally I don’t think speed is the first thing one should learn to limit at low battery, since batteries can still do semi-fast speed at low charge levels just fine.

This is good to know too, I wasn't sure how the wheel would behave.

25 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

It’s the amount of acceleration/power that riders should learn to limit. If there’s a danger of a surprise pothole or if the rider doesn’t understand which situations require a lot of power, then one does need to limit the speed. But a familiar road with a gentle downhill and great visibility is no problem at a low battery level.

Good Points, I suppose to be on the safe side I limit my speed regardless of battery level whilst learning the limits of the wheel re acceleration/ power so i can still be able to control the consequences. But more so as the battery level falls. As I get more used to it I will speed up. I am always mindful of the impacts of gradients/wind/ temp etc and what this could mean for power consumption but I am still learning how this impacts in the real world. Thank you for the advice much appreciated.  Maybe the S18 is more powerful than I give it credit for.

1 hour ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Maybe the S18 is more powerful than I give it credit for.

Well, it does only have three parallel battery cells, so the voltage drop should at least in theory be the largest of the current 18” wheels. So it is not a wheel to get if one is a heavy guy looking for fast acceleration. But for an average Joe looking for non-NYC style riding, it will probably do just fine.

18 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I think the two wheels are polar opposites of each other. You need to decide what your use case scenario is and see which best suits.

Advantage of standard EUC without suspension is you learn how to ride better and get better results. Potential issue with suspension as a first wheel is you can develop bad riding technique if you are not mindful (As long as you ride with slightly bent knees should be ok but our brains tend to use the easiest method creating lazy posture). But having said that there are no rules saying you have to ride a particular way so it doesn't matter as long as you are comfortable.

Rs19 is 100V is quicker, has more range and bigger motor so I imagine (but don't know as I haven't ridden one) better torque. 27Kg so a more capable wheel

S18 is 84V, smaller battery, smaller motor, 25.5Kg. and has suspension. Good for trails, roads, potholes. More forgiving on terrain and on roads and on your posture.

If you want to go faster than 25MPH frequently for longer periods the S18 is not suitable. Although states top speed 31MPH this is only good for short distances, I have heard as a general rule of thumb at 30% Battery suggest max 15MPH to avoid cut-outs. I don't ride my S18 fast so you will need to see other comments to know how long and what battery capacity people are happy travelling  at higher speeds. Hope this helps a little. 

My experience is limited 400miles on S18 and mile or two on MCM5 V2. So take this into account.

Yeah I guess they are pretty opposite I think I'm gonna go with the Rs just because of the extra torque and the bigger battery I just didn't wanna wait till the end of august for them to be shipped out.

I wont be riding either of these in the snow or rain at least I don't plan to.

I would suggest ordering the RS HT and looking into a cheap used wheel to learn on/beat up while you wait for your GW.

You don't really tell us what you want to do with the wheel so you it's difficult for anyone to give you good advice. The S18 doesn't have a large battery so it will be more prone to cut out under hard acceleration than the RS. The S18 is also a little more fragile than most wheels so it won't like being dropped continually - you're a beginner so you will be dropping the wheel all the time. I believe the RS case can easily crack at the front in crashes. The RS also has a hollow motor and the bearings in these are very prone to failing if you ride in wet conditions - you live in Canada?

A better choice might be an inmotion V12 or a Nikola Plus. These provide a lot of power and both seem fairly rugged. The V12 is quite new though. A Kingsong 18XL would probably also be a good wheel.