Just bought the S18 did I make a bad choice?

No1up

I'm hoping to have many miles of fun, I don't plan to ride hard or jump or anything. Just want to cruise.  I see so many good and bad reviews I don't know what to think anymore... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

How are the bad reviews affecting what you experience with your S18? How are they affecting your ability to cruise? They don’t! Or at least shouldn’t.

There are of course good and bad reviews on any EUC model. Every single wheel has something that could’ve been made better. And no wheel is perfect for everybody.

But you now have a tool to enjoy a completely new form of transportation, and you’ll feel the magical harmony of riding and the immeasurable amount of joy it can bring to your life!

Many of us started 4+ years ago, and we were completely blown away by our amazing wheels! I rode 3000km with my first wheel, and loved every single one. Just imagine how many light years the S18 is better than any of the wheels back then, in every way!

This is true... I was just wondering if I should have got an 16x or waited for the v12.. tried and true none hydraulic wheels. I figured since I'm riding in a OW group speed and distance won't be a problem. I'm looking for safety, durability, reliability, comfort as my priorities.

I figured the hydraulic would add a layer of safety AND comfort. The V11 was my actual choice but the bearing issue... I also figured the weight would reduce  maneuverability. 

I have both

S18 is more fun

V11 is more refined

some it’s more fun to drive a miata with 100hp than a Mercedes with 300hp

sometimes…

• Like 3

So for a 220lb rider I should enjoy it right? I'd hate to outgrow it quickly... why didn't I just buy the 16x 😭 lol that one seems to have a very high rating. I'm crossing my fingers the s18 is solid for the next 2 to 3 years. 

14 minutes ago, No1up said:

So for a 220lb rider I should enjoy it right? I'd hate to outgrow it quickly... why didn't I just buy the 16x 😭 lol that one seems to have a very high rating. I'm crossing my fingers the s18 is solid for the next 2 to 3 years. 

Yup, youll enjoy it. My crystal ball is telling me that you'll have others within two years. Not as replacements, merely additions. Wait... its also telling me.... you'd be wondering the same thing with same end result if you had purchased a 16X instead.

You have to admit, the s18 LOOKS sexy as hell. Those OneWheelers will be drooling, bring extra water...:dribble:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Yup, youll enjoy it. My crystal ball is telling me that you'll have others within two years. Not as replacements, merely additions. Wait... its also telling me.... you'd be wondering the same thing with same end result if you had purchased a 16X instead.

Comments like this make me worry... I'm no where near as slim, fit, good looking, niiiice legs 🤤.. as the girl in the video 🤣

Screenshot_20210717-175058_YouTube.jpg

12 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

The s18 is REAL equipment

Defintely up to the task of fun riding

Quit worrying, get ready for a challenge and some serious reward.

If I didn’t know any better I’d conclude you’ve had a change of heart towards the S18. :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I just happened to get the worst one they ever built.

Did you contribute to the KS Gods prior to your S18 purchase? A must for any 1st Gen model. ;)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, No1up said:

You don't know my luck good sir.. my batch 4 is likely going to be the one that cuts off, falls, smokes, burst in to flames right in front of the city mayor who will then outlaw PEVs because they are a "danger" plaster my face on the front page of the news paper so the whole city hates me. The paper circulation will hit national and expose my ugly face to the USA as the man that got PEVS outlawed in the US by felony punishment. I'll be hunted down by the mob of PEV riders turned felons only to be found in Guadalajara Mexico 🇲🇽 and tried and judged to death in the court of public opinion.. 

My last words.."I should have bought the 16x"... 

Im guessing that SURELY Texas has better things to worry about right now. I do know this... you better get a chain to lock up your sexy new s18, and keep your eyes peeled.

• Like 1

Now I find that title of this thread very interesting.

I did choose the V11 myself. Now whatever made me do just that well I recall that in my review on my V11 initially. Now that really matter nothing at all.

You picked the S18. It do different things. Well goes from A to B on 1 wheel. But yet different. And no matter what others say this commercial just put your question into a different league. 

Note: reading this paper is not something I do and I do not know if they do a good or bad job casting focus on things that matters. Yet this message is making good sense to me. 

Now view this 2 times (we'll play it twice as it is a very fast pace). Then read the topic of the thread.Go to OP of this thread. 

My question here is whatever you read from here. What spice does each answer have?

I take everything with a huge pinch of salt..and add some sugar. 

Personally I don't think anyone can answer you question. Mainly because none of us are you. Which brings all the answers here in a different light. Now keep that in mind when reading anything someone post on any wheel. After a while you will see some being closer to how you evaluate wheels and howuch spice to add. 

As for @ShanesPlanet we share not same views. But I have grown fond of how he state things. And it give me a different angle on things that I didn't take from the beginning. But as much as one like to agree and find common things. I think his views add value but not sure if it changes my choices in wheels. We use them very different. Yet we share same passion. If that makes sense @ShanesPlanet?