One leg ride for not straight calves guy?

psEUCdonym

Hello,

I am a relatively new driver, I started in 2019 (October) but have no more than 3000 km, I feel I have a long way to go to learn; I have found, that the pronounced curvature of my calves makes it difficult to ride with one leg, the area in contact with the wheel is inferior, I have tried, but the pressure (by contact area/lever) on my knees is unbearable, I also do not feel confident riding with my feet very close to the wheel, I need to have my legs apart to feel better maneuverability, unfortunately, I consider that this skill is necessary to correct the position of the feet when riding. I am not interested in riding with one leg, I just want to be able to correct the posture, without having to do little unstable jumps.

Has anyone else had this type of inconvenience? Any advice or exercises? I currently drive a KS16X

Thanks in advance

(Sorry about my poor english)

Hi, I am also a new rider. I move my feet a little at a time. Lift and move heel. Then lift and move balls/toes. All while going slow. 
it’s easier to slide foot back than forward as well. Practice putting more weight to one side (going slow) while trying to keep control. 
Best,

• Like 1

Thanks, that's what I usually do, to position the feet outwards or inwards, the problem is to position the foot when the mount is too far forward and relocate it backwards, or the opposite; I hate that one is more forward or backwards than the other, experienced drivers say it is better, but personally I don't like it, I prefer them to be parallel.

Could you please post some pictures of your legs on your wheel. Side view and front view.

Video would also help. 

Sometimes this can be solved by extra padding on the wheel or changing shin protector.

• Like 1

Thanks pico, I will do it tomorrow (Holiday here)

Edited by Mauricio
  • Like 1

Good morning!

I here my pictures, and video, at very slow speed, my wife did me the favor of recording while we were walking our dog, It is a wet grassy area, with too many hidden potholes, but I believe, it could work for the purpose.

lpJnS5M.jpg

1HhMkyY.jpg

wmRn2iO.jpg

NiPbFgv.jpg

All I can say is that it seemed impossible at first, but with time and miles it comes. Just get them “right” before getting up to speed. Looking at the photos, you’re standing a bit duck footed as well.

• Like 1

Yes my foot stance tends to be duck style, i dont feel confident with my feet parallel or pointing to the wheel, neither with legs close, touching the wheel. Should I correct my foot and legs stance?

Edited by Mauricio

Thanks for posting pictures and video.

Basically nothing wrong. A bit duct footed.

I would say the following: Transferring weight on a single leg comes after learning to carve well. (think skating)

Grass is not beneficial for this. 

Carving well means transfer most of your weight on one leg then on the other leg. The other leg becomes "unloaded", and can be moved around. A bit in the beginning and more as you get better at it.

This is not a skill that you grow overnight. You have to practice it with INTENT. Regularly.

The earlier in your training the better!

I hope this help.

• Like 1

Thanks pico and OldFatRides; had not given so much attention to developing carve skills, I'm going to start practicing right away, any good tutorial for carving beginners?

21 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

Wow, got a knobby on that bad boy, huh ?

Yes! I put a konobby (what a nightmare to mount) very diferent ridding feeling compared to the old H666, I have to put more effort on turns, but a lot of stability on very low speeds and cero wobbles at top speed/hard braking

• Like 1