Jump to content
Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer"

KingSong KS-16A First Impressions

Recommended Posts

Ooh, I'm relieved :) Thanks SlowMo

IMHO shutting the power off when you pull the handle is unnecessary "extra", only complicates the EUC electric design, which could cause after time malfunctions...better KISS principle especially when we talk about the main power of the unit, not for some flashy lights.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the dumb off topic question, but how you guys refer to other members hyperlinked and highlighted?

Obviously, I get different results when just copy the name from the avatar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, DSeucist said:

Sorry for the dumb off topic question, but how you guys refer to other members hyperlinked and highlighted?

Obviously, I get different results when just copy the name from the avatar.

It took me a while to understand how to do that :-) just type @ followed by the first few letters you are looking for @dse for example ( it isn't case sensitive) a pop up box will then offer you the names that match that clue and you can select the correct one I.e. @DSeucist in this case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much @Keith :)

Looks similar like Excel hints, but I couldn't figure it out..or just preferred the easier way...to ask. Thanks for the help :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I'll try different ways. Thank you @esaj for elaborating this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, jrkline said:

I don't believe the trolley handle is intended to be used as an aid while riding the wheel.It would seem that it is more of an aid to be used to roll the wheel along in places such as indoor shops and the like where riding would not be allowed.However the power was only cut when the handle was fully extended so I suppose one could still ride it with the handle extended to 90% or so and use it as an aid while riding.

 

I meant that there is supposed to be power on the Wheel, while trollying it around. So it can be trolleyed easy up hill, etc. Not riding with the trolley handle extended.

So it sounds weird to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, KaleOsaurusRex said:

I am in possession of the very 16" wheel ridden and discussed on these forums. Here is a link to the first draft of my review:

King Song 16" 800w 680wh Self Balancing Electric Unicycle Review

We will be riding the King Song 16" for the next few weeks and will update and beautify the review as time goes on.

1. I just checked, and there is no deactivation when the trolley handle is extended. I'm not sure what that was, but it's not happening here.

2. The cushioning is spectacular, way better than Ninebot.

Read the review for more!

Will you be adding any images or video of the KS-16 in your review?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@houseofjob

It is totally secure feeling. I will not be opening this unit to examine it, but this is something I also wondered about and I'm curious how they achieved this. The unit is not light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, KaleOsaurusRex said:

@houseofjob

It is totally secure feeling. I will not be opening this unit to examine it, but this is something I also wondered about and I'm curious how they achieved this. The unit is not light.

They say that the power will automatically cut-off when the trolley handle is raised. Is it true? If so, then wouldn't it be difficult to move it around using the trolley handle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

They say that the power will automatically cut-off when the trolley handle is raised. Is it true? If so, then wouldn't it be difficult to move it around using the trolley handle?

Kaleosaurus already posted that the power in his wheel does not cut off when you extend the handle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Kaleosaurus already posted that the power in his wheel does not cut off when you extend the handle

Oh, I didn't see that. :P The 16" KS is now the top contender power and mileage wise. For aesthetics, built in trolley handle and the very soft padding, it's a 9/10. What I really don't like about 16" wheels in general is the weight. It's very convenient to move a 11 kg. wheel around but it's a burden to carry 15+ kgs or maybe it's just that I'm too lazy. :):)

Edited by SlowMo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KaleOsaurusRex said:

Read the review for more!

Thanks for that!

So am I the only one who doesn't want a wheel that talks to you? I think that would grow old really fast. Can I deactivate that? I do want it to audible warn me with beeps, but please no voice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, xamino said:

Thanks for that!

So am I the only one who doesn't want a wheel that talks to you? I think that would grow old really fast. Can I deactivate that? I do want it to audible warn me with beeps, but please no voice.

I am with you xamino. Why would you want the wheel to talk? So you can be embarassed everyone around you can hear you turned it on? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I am with you xamino. Why would you want the wheel to talk? So you can be embarassed everyone around you can hear you turned it on? 

I think they got the idea from  Motorola mobile phones saying "Hello Moto!". :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cloud said:

I am with you xamino. Why would you want the wheel to talk? So you can be embarassed everyone around you can hear you turned it on? 

All except the first speed warning (which is just "beep beep beep") in Firewheel are spoken, the two further speed warnings are spoken, also things like "hall-sensor error" (turning it on with the hall-sensor cables disconnected), "low battery or bad cell in battery", turning it on normally it says "Welcome to use Firewheel, sport-mode" (or "comfort-mode", depending on your mode-setting) etc. It's handy for diagnosing problems and hasn't ever bothered me. Only problem is that you can't hear the two final speed-warnings if there's any noise or wind around you and Firewheel doesn't have tilt-back :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, esaj said:

All except the first speed warning (which is just "beep beep beep") in Firewheel are spoken, the two further speed warnings are spoken, also things like "hall-sensor error" (turning it on with the hall-sensor cables disconnected), "low battery or bad cell in battery", turning it on normally it says "Welcome to use Firewheel, sport-mode" (or "comfort-mode", depending on your mode-setting) etc. It's handy for diagnosing problems and hasn't ever bothered me. Only problem is that you can't hear the two final speed-warnings if there's any noise or wind around you and Firewheel doesn't have tilt-back :P

Sure, for diagnosing problems when beeps are not enough to convey the message. But where beeps are sufficient, phrases are not needed. One will look goofy riding the wheel that keeps saying one is riding too fast, or that the wheel is on or off. Takes the cool out of the game...home they made that customizable...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would like to see pictures of: the tire inflation valve; the space gap between the tire and the case/mudguard; and also the KS16 next to other unicycles.

This thing can go a bit over 30 km/h right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, I have renamed my site to www.SBEUC.com   The previous www.SBEU.co is no longer in operation. Too many people make mistakes on .co domain names so I renamed it.

Cheers,

Kevin Lee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...