Charging V11 at 7A?

Halig

@Seba
https://euc.world/blog/v11-vs-ks-18xl-a-long-distance-test-of-inmotions-suspended-wheel

Seba, in this very interesting article, you indicate that you charge the V11 many times with 7A without problem. Logically, under my responsibility if something goes wrong, could you please give us more information about this?

I have come from a 10 day trip of 1200 km with my V11. I was going with colleagues who had wheels with much more capacity and the most limiting part of the trip has been the long waits (up to 5 hours accumulated), waiting for it to chage the V11.

That is why the importance of knowing if it is possible to charge the V11 at 7A. Theoretically, with the data from the LG cells they could be charged at 7.5A as a "normal" charge according to their specifications. I don't know if the possible limitation would be in the cables, the BMS or somewhere else.

Thanks in advance for sharing that information.

Edited by Halig
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Halig said:

@Seba
https://euc.world/blog/v11-vs-ks-18xl-a-long-distance-test-of-inmotions-suspended-wheel

Seba, in this very interesting article, you indicate that you charge the V11 many times with 7A without problem. Logically, under my responsibility if something goes wrong, could you please give us more information about this?

Well, "many times" may be a bit exxagerated, but when I was riding my V11 for longer trips, I always charged it with 7 Amps (of course using both ports) and had zero problems.

1 hour ago, Halig said:

I have come from a 10 day trip of 1200 km with my V11. I was going with colleagues who had wheels with much more capacity and the most limiting part of the trip has been the long waits (up to 5 hours accumulated), waiting for it to chage the V11.

7 Amps is just 2 Amps above official limit of 5 Amps (two stock chargers connected). IMO this is a safe compromise, but still it's above specs.

1 hour ago, Halig said:

That is why the importance of knowing if it is possible to charge the V11 at 7A. Theoretically, with the data from the LG cells they could be charged at 7.5A as a "normal" charge according to their specifications. I don't know if the possible limitation would be in the cables, the BMS or somewhere else.

Cells are not a problem, also connectors and wiring is not a problem. The only limitation that is unknown is electronic circuitry.

• Like 3