Transporting a "last mile" EUC on a Motorcycle

r_713

Hello.

I'm attempting to use an EUC as a literal last mile commuter to and from my motorcycle which is always parked one mile from home in a parking garage.

My bike is an R1200GS, so it has the capability to haul whatever.

I'm looking to ride the EUC to the garage, hoist it on to the back of the bike, and then ride off to work. Has anyone on this forum done such a thing?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

• Like 1

There was a photo on the forum of someone that put an MTen3 in the behind-the-rider luggage compartment (I wish you luck in finding it though). It was centered, not in a pannier. And it was a hard shell thing but it looked like it worked!

• Like 2

i put my mten3 in a givi top box (plastic kind) occasionally, that has a couple bungees to make it not flop around in there. I could also use those cheapo cargo nets. It's a pretty light wheel so I'm not worried about it with either method. 

if you want to lug that sherman, you're going to need something more like rok straps. 

• Like 1

Even a big 1200gs has a pretty small footprint. Dumb question  but... you can't figure out a way to park it at your place of residence? Years ago when I didn't gave a garage, I used one of these for my burgman 650. Works great and fairly inexpensive. 

71GVtXgxmiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by d0n

Custom tube rack. Have the euc so it rests on the pedal hangers. Notches so it doesn’t move forward backwards. Maybe a stud on the hanger to mechanically fasten and then no need for straps. Would look pro!

But why don´t park the euc at the place the motocycle was, and when you come back you switch back to the euc.

I have some vehicles (camper-van, ...) in a garage in 2km distance the EUC is perfect to do the last mile.

Putting the sherman onto a motocycle ..., not that great of an idea. If you really need this, than you should think of an additional lighter wheel for that purpose.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2021 at 12:17 AM, Dominic Winsor said:

I will from time to time yes.

50 minutes ago, FerdinandK said:

But why don´t park the euc at the place the motocycle was, and when you come back you switch back to the euc.

I have some vehicles (camper-van, ...) in a garage in 2km distance the EUC is perfect to do the last mile.

Putting the sherman onto a motocycle ..., not that great of an idea. If you really need this, than you should think of an additional lighter wheel for that purpose.

Imagine if future motorcycle can have the EUc wheel built into its front tire :)  Quick release and go. Braking regen the battery. Removal of wheel prevents theft. BMW needs to patent!