Looking for an in between model (V5F - V8F inmotion)

Hi everyone,

I am looking to buy an electric unicycle. 

I am not a beginner as I have borrowed two unicycles in the past to a friend.

As the title suggests, I had the chance to use the V5F and the V8 from inmotion over several month, and really liked both for different reasons.

The V5F is  light and handy, but I feel the bumps and potholes more, also has less range.

The V8F is a little bulkier has a good range and feels smooth even on bumpy roads.

InMotion does not offer any model between these two, and I have not tested other brands.

I'm looking for an alternative, bringing the playfulness of the V5 and the range, stability, and maybe speed (the latest being less important) of the V8F.

Of course I know there will be some compromise to make, but just want to explore other options.

Thank you for helping!

• Like 2

The wider tire of the MCM5 V3 especially did feel like an extremely nice addition to the wheel! So I do second what @meepmeepmayer suggested. Despite being a 14” wheel it might be entering the V8F size/weight category though. But I think it could be closest to what you describe. It’s the only 14” I can ride without wetting my underpants.

@meepmeepmayer yeah I saw the mten3 it would be fun to have it but it would be too small for me for the sole unicycle I own, as I want to cover more distance.

I feel down the roard you want to have several one for different purpose.Looking at the  MCM5 specs...it seems what I'm looking for indeed!

@mrelwood Doing a quick search, could not find a distributor of the V3 here in Canada only the V2 , ...it must be brand new.

Very interested in this model. 

Thank you both

No typo. Could be a misunderstanding though. Isn’t it V3 that comes with a 14x2.5” tire? Anyway, I tried a 14x2.5” MCM5 (non-modified), and it felt much better to me than the regular 14x2.125” version.

EDIT: Sorry! It’s the MCM5 V2 that comes with a 2.5” tire! I got confused with all the version numbers of MCM5, Tesla etc…

Edited by mrelwood