First euc, slime question

Dogmaticjoe

So I am going to get a KS18XL and have heard many people say to put slime into my tire and i plan on it, but the thing i am not sure about is the amount of slime to put in. Ive seen the electricunicycles YouTube channel say to put 4oz into the tire but I have also seen people say they put 6 or 7oz and I was just wondering which would be better. Also I've seen videos where Chooch said that slime is good even after your tire is flat if you just pull out the object in the tire add a little bit more slime and pump it up to a high pressure and give it a ride, is this pretty true?

• Like 2

When asked to slime a wheel, I put in 4oz. Mainly because I buy it in an 8oz bottle and that way I get 2 tubes/wheels to a bottle.

Make sure that you get the tube version and not the tubless. Apparently it is different

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

When asked to slime a wheel, I put in 4oz. Mainly because I buy it in an 8oz bottle and that way I get 2 tubes/wheels to a bottle.

Make sure that you get the tube version and not the tubless. Apparently it is different

cool thx dude. Also are you the one that makes the bodyguard for the wheels? because I was also happy to see that on ewheels the KS18XL comes with the cover since it will be my first wheel and didn't want to scuff it up in the process of learning and was planning on getting one anyway.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Dogmaticjoe said:

cool thx dude. Also are you the one that makes the bodyguard for the wheels? because I was also happy to see that on ewheels the KS18XL comes with the cover since it will be my first wheel and didn't want to scuff it up in the process of learning and was planning on getting one anyway.

Yes, that's us (designed by @Chrissi, sold by Roll.nz and also through a few resellers around the world (including eWheels.com).

As well as preventing your wheel from those "learning scuffs", riding with a Bodyguard you will actually find that it provides better grip than using pads alone.

I am sure that you will love riding EUC and riding with a Bodyguard. Just remember to keep the rubber bit at the bottom!   :thumbup:

7 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Yes, that's us (designed by @Chrissi, sold by Roll.nz and also through a few resellers around the world (including eWheels.com).

As well as preventing your wheel from those "learning scuffs", riding with a Bodyguard you will actually find that it provides better grip than using pads alone.

I am sure that you will love riding EUC and riding with a Bodyguard. Just remember to keep the rubber bit at the bottom!   :thumbup:

Softer on the legs and looks fantastic too!

• Like 1

On 7/11/2021 at 4:47 PM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

My 8oz bottle did an Mten3, a KS14D and an S18. Was quite difficult to get the last bits out of the bottle!

It says on the label that one bottle does one bicycle, ergo two wheels of around the same size/volume as bike wheels. Or in my case, two little wheels and a big one. Not that I've tested it yet (knock on wood).

Anyone here actually had a puncture with Slime in?

• Like 1

I've seen a onewheel that was extremely worn down, wouldn't hold air. Put in some slime, you could see it starting to bubble out of 60+ small holes and then proceeded to go on a 3 mile ride.

• Like 1

like me you love riding your electric scooter, one wheel or electric unicycle, however there comes that dreaded time thats enviable to every rider to experience a flat or puncture.

Ive never been happy with Slime but used it because i never had a good alternative until now.  Today after months of using a better alternative called armor dilloz I want to share with you a superior product.

I must state the price is much higher than Slime but i guess its all relative in accordance with quality. 

Check out the product in action on youtube 

If your in the UK you can find it here

If your in America you can find it here 

I hope you this post help provide confidence to ride hard and prevent the long walk of shame home I have done many times lol

I recommend 4oz on a 16-14 inch wheel more if bigger sm wheel. 

I love chooch riding style but lately he has become to sales focused snd is selling anything he can to make money kinda lost his integrity so I'd say take what he says with a pinch of salt. 

11 hours ago, HighEndScooters said:
Ive never been happy with Slime but used it because i never had a good alternative until now.  Today after months of using a better alternative called armor dilloz I want to share with you a superior product.

I must state the price is much higher than Slime but i guess its all relative in accordance with quality. 

Some details would be nice to hear. Why haven’t you been happy with Slime? Have you tried the UK based Goop? How is Armor-Dilloz superior? What does better quality mean in a product like this, and how does it affect the end user?

Basically I’d like to find out whether you sell the Armor-Dilloz because it’s superior, or if it’s superior because it’s what you sell.

• Like 1