Starting with Inmotion

I am thinking about buying my first EUC. I have hardly any comparable prior experience: I ride a bike about every other week (though I like to ride hands-free if that helps), and have used a classic Segway a few times which I enjoyed very much. I am around 110kg with gear and 180cm (240lbs, 5'10") and a bit out of shape. I have read many reviews and am closing in towards either a V8F for its portability, agility and price or the V10F for its higher range and power. I tend towards Inmotion as I value build quality, price, safety and they seem to be more readily available in Austria. I will probably use it only for recreation but could imaging running small errands or even commuting (last mile) with it. On the bike and by car I like to go quite fast but safely and legally. I could imagine starting with the V8F and giving it to my girlfriend and then getting something even bigger like a V11 or KS16X, if I happen to enjoy this new hobby a lot (and can convince my girlfriend as well). On the other hand, it might be better to get something a bit bigger right off the bat due to my weight and the potential to get into it more seriously.

Do you think the V8F would be enough for my size and weight, so I don't outgrow it over the summer?

Is the V10F worth the extra range and power for a total beginner?

What safety gear would you recommend to start out with, i.e. while going < 15km/h (10mph)?

• Like 3

take V10F, or better 16X .... and think for the future.
Maybe you could convince your gf/wife/grown up kid to join this journey that will change your way to travel in or even outside the city.
you will learn on this, then upgrade to a more powerful and capable wheel.

• Like 2

Wheel: I agree with most of the others V10F, 16X or 18XL but I think the V11 is far too fragile to learn on and I think the high pedal height just makes things more difficult. If you bought the V8F then you'll soon be wanting another wheel.

Safety gear: I'd just go with a bicycle helmet, wrist guards and shoes that cover your ankles (you'd be surprised how big a gouge the metal pedals on a spinning EUC can make). 

• Like 2

Im only a month In and went straight for the v11 for my first EUC. I’m now 800klm and no regrets. 
I think all others advice is more educated than mine. 
I love mine. So glad I dived into EUC. 
it has replaced my bmws1000rr as my commuter. Love it. 

• Like 2