Nikola+ access flap to get at tyre valve

The case has what appears to be a removeable section that looks like it might give easy access to the tyre valve. I've tried pulling it, squeezing it, pulling it but I'm now considering using a lump hammer. Is there an easier way of opening it? Does it open at all? Does it go back in afterwards?

Mike

2 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

The case has what appears to be a removeable section that looks like it might give easy access to the tyre valve. I've tried pulling it, squeezing it, pulling it but I'm now considering using a lump hammer. Is there an easier way of opening it? Does it open at all? Does it go back in afterwards?

Mike

You have to remove the side cover first, and then drill/pry out the two round tabs on either side. However, you will also need to cut the white seal and the wheel will no longer be watertight at this location. Also the LED will need to be moved up and secured (won't be a nice circle anymore). See the photo below.

I chose to get a valve extender instead, but you can also just use a dremel to cut out a little bit of the panel (before hitting the seal).

IMG_7986.jpg

Edited by conecones
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...