If standing still, temp rises but fans dont start

Boogieman

Just got my Sherman and left it on next to the bed to tinker with EUC World.

Fw 1.0.58

I noted that even though it was standing completely still with basically 0Amps draw, the temp rose.

At 55°C i started to worry that the fans didnt work, so I rolled it just a bit forward and fans imediatelly started.

Let it stand still again and once again heat started to rise, until i rolled a little just at very slow speed like 0.4km/h.

Seems like a bug, unless my Shermie is faulty or temp reading in euc world is faulty. 55°C in a room thats 23° at standstill seems high but it was on for 30-40minutes so maybe its right?

But since fans start as soon as i roll it, this is a bug in the FW (maybe old ones too?) and i have no clue of max temp so i dont dare to check how hot it will get. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am experiencing the exact same thing, but I don't know what is and isn't "normal."   Today I saw 140F/60C in EUC World after 40 minutes as the wheel sat in my airconditioned living room turned on, leaning against the couch.  Most of the time it was around 133F/55C.  
I was doing this specifically to observe temperature and fan operation.  The fan occasionally activated on its own, and always came on if I jostled the wheel.

Additionally I am seeing temps around 180F/82C  when spiritedly riding about.  Also don't know if that is too hot or just normal.    

Edited by Phi1osopher