Veteran releases their Sherman OTA Firmware Update Tool

fbhb

OG Sherman Firmware 1.0.59 is available for updating in the Leaperkim app. Anyone able to translate item 1 to see what change it includes, if any? Also, has anyone tried it yet and noticed any differences?

https://github.com/Leaperkim/Updated-APP-Firmware/blob/f156f48f606fcb20bda0d4cd9733199cfe510df7/LeaperKim-1.0.3 221206.apk

Sherman Firmware 1.0.59

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2023 at 8:24 AM, Seba said:

It fixes the problem with displaying negative total distance on a LCD. Here's the translation of firmware release note:

So no point in upgrading the firmware if you don't experience the negative tot distance.. 😊

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Could someone recommend a cheap android phone for using the LK app for updating the Sherman S? I had a $40 Walmart phone but it didn’t work. The LK app just searches forever and when I try to connect Bluetooth it says the pairing request was rejected.

Connection works fine on iPhone with Darknessbot. 

Edited by Chester Copperpot

1 hour ago, Chester Copperpot said:

Could someone recommend a cheap android phone for using the LK app for updating the Sherman S? I had a $40 Walmart phone but it didn’t work. The LK app just searches forever and when I try to connect Bluetooth it says the pairing request was rejected.

turn on location for the app it sometimes needs that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chester Copperpot said:

I had to disable "battery optimization" for the LK app in order for it to work. 

4 hours ago, Chester Copperpot said:

You can also use EUC World for Veteran firmware updates.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm trying to use the LK iOS app to update a Sherman OG. This worked a few weeks ago for my first Sherman, now the app claims the EUC is at 0 degrees and not the right angle. It is very much at the right angle as it is resting on the mud guard and motor is off, only engaging when I tilt it back up. The current FW is .56 (which should be compatible with OTA update (?)), the app proposes .59 before claiming wrong angle.

Anyone found some workaround for this? I have tried the classic turn off / on, quit app, connect / disconnect..

Id' try EUCW if I could but nobody in my surroundings have an Android device. 

Edited by null

1 hour ago, GothamMike said:

I just upgraded the Sherm-S firmware today. It feels a little more peppy.

Are you sure it's not some kind of placebo effect, i don't feel any difference in mine..
Upgraded a couple of days ago..

On 1/3/2024 at 12:50 PM, Lefteris said:

Are you sure it's not some kind of placebo effect, i don't feel any difference in mine..
Upgraded a couple of days ago..

MMMMMMMM Placebo!

2 hours ago, GothamMike said:

MMMMMMMM Placebo!

Yeah.. cause i haven't felt any difference, apart from the newly added options.. 

image.thumb.png.44fc49a380d46900b6b8aa0cb3a653d4.png

From what I saw, first thing was that my limit of 280km for tilt back or alarm changed to 200km, and I thought, well that is strange and and checked the menu on the wheel.

They changed the settings over the OS TILTBACK & OS ALARM and now accept increments per 5km like 20-25-30-35 etc. The limit is now 200km😝 but now you can set your speed tiltback to 80km and the alarm to 75km etc..

Good setting Leaperkim, keep it up. Now to give us the percentage over riding mode like on the Lynx😜

• Like 1