Veteran releases their Sherman OTA Firmware Update Tool

fbhb

• fbhb changed the title to Veteran releases their Sherman OTA Firmware Update Tool
11 minutes ago, supercurio said:

Because I'm sure everyone here would like to know more, here's a download link to the LeaperKim app, mostly English v1.0

@supercurio thanks for your work on this, I'm sure many will appreciate All the information and the download link you have provided.

EDIT:

I've just downloaded the app to my phone, but not used it on the Sherman yet as it's getting late here will test it out tomorrow.

Thanks again for this, very much appreciated.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, fbhb said:

@supercurio thanks for your work on this, I'm sure many will appreciate All the information and the download link you have provided.

I'm happy Leaperkim delivered and someone had the kindness to forward the apk initially. Credits to @DrBytes for the quick reverse-engineering effort tho!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, supercurio said:

I'm happy Leaperkim delivered and someone had the kindness to forward the apk initially. Credits to @DrBytes for the quick reverse-engineering effort tho!

Yes, it is really good to see Leaperkim making the progress with their brand with steps such as this and as you say, Full credit to @DrBytes for his work bringing it to the rest of the community. 

I was following the topic on Telegram, so I knew you were most likely going to update this one here with the download info.

Cheers.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

I don't know who received and shared the file initially, but I look forward to Leaperkim preparing a wider release.

Most likely from reverse-engineering the APK (or even analysing the bluetooth communication itself), third party apps like @Seba's EUC World will be able to update the firmware as well - if it's not already in tests.

• Like 2

Updated my Sherman today from 1.0.56. to 1.0.58. by following the simple instructions without issue, went really smoothly and was very quick! 

Unfortunately our cold wet weather currently prevents me from taking the Sherman out to test the, reported by some on Telegram, decrease in pedal dip and increased performance.

I will at least be able to correct the wheels voltage value to correspond to the real battery voltage (100.8v) when I get time at the weekend, so looking forward to tweaking that in the settings!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fbhb said:

Updated my Sherman today from 1.0.56. to 1.0.58. by following the simple instructions without issue, went really smoothly and was very quick! 

Unfortunately our cold wet weather currently prevents me from taking the Sherman out to test the, reported by some on Telegram, decrease in pedal dip and increased performance.

I will at least be able to correct the wheels voltage value to correspond to the real battery voltage (100.8v) when I get time at the weekend, so looking forward to tweaking that in the settings!

Will be keen to hear your thoughts about the differences between 1.0.56 and 1.0.58.  If they decreased pedal dip then that's one improvement I'll be keen on getting!  

Regardless, I'll still have to wait... I'm one of those unfortunate iOS peeps. 

• Like 1

Yes please test and write you opinions about new FW.

Personaly i think there is some tuning how sherman behavior in some stress situation. We have experience with kingsong where some FW make hudge impact on overal performance KS16X very negatively on some mainboards revisions.

In original post customer say 15 -  20 mph cutout/ovrlean  and how say ewhels this .1.0.58 can fix this ? hmmm.

About pedal diping is beter say who?

A: People who own old V1 sherman?

B: People who have V2 rim and 1.0.56 now recognise beter pedal dip too?

Becasue we know diping in 1.0.56 is improved compare to "old" shermans firmwares real question is 1.0.56 to 58 is progress with diping or not.

Personaly im realy curious if motor sound is changed in torque situation or any diference in "new" 1.0.58. ( i past i intensive test KS firmwares on 16X and sound is changed with revision of FW)

Becasue if i cant go back to 1.0.56 is dangerous and i no want make again same mistake like i do on KS16X where FW1.0.7 ruin my fun with 16x after update from fw1.0.5 on mainboard revision 1.4. (board revision 1.5 no have any performance degradation with FW 1.0.7)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Yes please test and write you opinions about new FW.

Personaly i think there is some tuning how sherman behavior in some stress situation. We have experience with kingsong where some FW make hudge impact on overal performance KS16X very negatively on some mainboards revisions.

In original post customer say 15 -  20 mph cutout/ovrlean  and how say ewhels this .1.0.58 can fix this ? hmmm.

About pedal diping is beter say who?

A: People who own old V1 sherman?

B: People who have V2 rim and 1.0.56 now recognise beter pedal dip too?

Becasue we know diping in 1.0.56 is improved compare to "old" shermans firmwares real question is 1.0.56 to 58 is progress with diping or not.

Personaly im realy curious if motor sound is changed in torque situation or any diference in "new" 1.0.58. ( i past i intensive test KS firmwares on 16X and sound is changed with revision of FW)

Becasue if i cant go back to 1.0.56 is dangerous and i no want make again same mistake like i do on KS16X where FW1.0.7 ruin my fun with 16x after update from fw1.0.5 on mainboard revision 1.4. (board revision 1.5 no have any performance degradation with FW 1.0.7)

You can go back to firmware  1.56 using the update chip and the chip also un-bricks if your update fails when you get (no con) on display 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So... is this a ride quality update of some sort, or is it merely an update to add a TON of tilt options I'll never need, and to fix a mileage/temp issue I dont have? Im on a v1 sherm, but it got updated via chip months ago. I'm still confused as to whether or not this update will improve anything or is it a risk not worth taking on a working wheel.

• Like 2

To be true, it feels better when turning, on medium and hard modes. 
Got a bit of accel when on hard mode while riding about 30kmh trying to get to e.g. 60kmh.

People are reporting more stuff, for me, it's just a little bit nicer, plus gave us more screens and the ability to get over to 100.8V and select where the charger stops! :-O 

I got the official changelog translated here

https://lefteros.com/files/sherman/001_0_58.txt

001.0.58 version instructions
	1: Modify user voltage ±1.5% fine-tuning.
	2: Add factory calibration voltage function.
	3: Improve PA to level 18, 0.33 degree accuracy
Edited by Lefteris
txt contents
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lefteris said:

To be true, it feels better when turning, on medium and hard modes. 
Got a bit of accel when on hard mode while riding about 30kmh trying to get to e.g. 60kmh.

People are reporting more stuff, for me, it's just a little bit nicer, plus gave us more screens and the ability to get over to 100.8V and select where the charger stops! :-O 

I got the official changelog translated here

https://lefteros.com/files/sherman/001_0_58.txt

001.0.58 version instructions
	1: Modify user voltage ±1.5% fine-tuning.
	2: Add factory calibration voltage function.
	3: Improve PA to level 18, 0.33 degree accuracy

Ugh. So people are reporting changes in ride algos, even tho the changelog mentions nothing of the sort? Tbf, I'd be surprised if they REALLY told us what was changed. Nothing new to have a changelog that skips over a lot of what REALLY went on. Sounds like I may as well update and roll the dice. Heck, I've little worry, my wheel came with GREAT customer support. Hell, just giving the OTA update a try, is worth it I guess. So happy Veteran is heading that direction. Now if i could just have some speakers and some screen tech that I could read, like my Garmin had. Thanks for the info @Lefteris!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Shane, you really do not have too much to worry about by doing the update. As long as you follow the instructions to the letter it will most definitely go real smoothly and it's also very quick to complete!

Worst case scenario, is if it does brick your Sherman you already have the upgrade chip you used to upgrade to 1.0.56. that can restore it if needs be.

Give it a go, you really have nothing to loose but can gain more range via the voltage calibration (if your fully charged voltage does not read a Full 100.8v) and many owners are also claiming less pedal dip than 1.56.0. too!

I did mine as soon as the original Leaperkim firmware was made available without issue and now we also have the English language version courtesy of @Lefteris brilliant coding skills!

I now have both versions of the updater app on my phone, so it is possible to have both versions installed at once.

Yeah, I'll give a go. I don't have a chip, it was 'loaned' to me and I promptly passed it on down the line. Its not like I can't get another and I've got other wheels if it goes horribly wrong. My voltage has never read properly, but it wasnt off by much. I guess after the update, I'll have to recalibrate eucw too. Less pedal dip would be most excellent, tho its not near as bad now as it was on first fw version...  I guess I should install these stupid fuses while Im at it...

Doh, no dice. Installed ENG apk and it doesnt pick up my wheel on BT search. Eucw connects almost instantly. Of course I didnt have eucw open while the ENGUPDT was running. Any ideas?

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I guess I should install these stupid fuses while Im at it...

Yeah, that's also on my list of "to do's" when I finally do the Michelin tire and pedal hanger swap during the coming months.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

@ShanesPlanet Please before FW1.0.58 try calibrate veteran precisely and make test ride.

Becasue is possible flashing FW reset calibration and other things to default and maybe this is it what other riders "feel" like beter dip behavior ETC.

In past i make many test with FW on kingsong and found how calibration have hudge impact to riding behavior.

We all remember how Veterean company want hide and write e-mail to @Seba (eucworld) and creator IOS software to hide FW info. Becasue Veteran was angry becasue people WANT new FW and for moneysave they want use "chinese" way by censoring showing FW version in aplications ,becasue no info no request to update firmware existing users = more money in factory pocket.

This logic can be same why Veterean not write anything about riding "feel" changes or overburn protection into official patch notes.Because if they do many people want "BETER"/"improved" FW logicaly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fbhb said:

it is possible to have both versions installed at once

it is cause i changed the app identifier, had many issues using the original one :-/ 

@ShanesPlanet you need to give location permissions, check the video above (i didn't have the chip too :P )

And about the fuses... it's a must nowdays...

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

it is cause i changed the app identifier, had many issues using the original one :-/ 

@ShanesPlanet you need to give location permissions, check the video above (i didn't have the chip too :P )

And about the fuses... it's a must nowdays...

You the man. I got it to take. Was pretty fast too. I recalibrated and am charging now to set the voltage properly. Am I to assume the the old pa2 setting is more like pa4 now? Notes mention the tilt has mroe choices. Seems like they narrowed the swing per each numeric change?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

You the man. I got it to take. Was pretty fast too. I recalibrated and am charging now to set the voltage properly. Am I to assume the the old pa2 setting is more like pa4 now? Notes mention the tilt has mroe choices. Seems like they narrowed the swing per each numeric change?

There is a post that explains all screens here

But they have problems attaching the picture so i uploaded it on my server.

Veteran_Sherman_1058_display_menu_items.

• Like 2