16x

gon2fast

I found a random fire road that the county turned into a "trail" that is literally off of a highway with no parking. The plus is that nobody uses it due to its location. It is a nice 2.2 mile half loop of dirt flat track. There is a really fun section where there is 2-3 inches of top soil that the 16X glides across. feels very similar to being on fresh/deep powder on a snowboard. I have taken all 4 of my primary wheels out to the trail since finding it a few days ago. I thought that the MSP was going to be best tool, but not so much for this location.

1. 16X - thought this would be the worst experience due to the smaller wheel size, but it ended up being the best wheel for this trail. The way it floated over the loose sections was plain fun. I never felt out of control and can see why people want to push this wheel past 30MPH

2. Sherman - I usually do not take the Sherman on trails, but thought it would be alright due to the flat nature of this location. The knobby tire combined with the heavy weight of the wheel made for a very enjoyable ride as well. This wheel reminded me of my dirt biking days with the roost it was shooting (probably should have installed my mud guard LOL). Fun, but my knees were aching after 4.6 miles.

3. V11 - I only put this wheel above the MSP because of the comfort of the suspension. Otherwise same tire which I feel is the main issue with this trail. The tire seems to loose stability very easily in loose soil. Otherwise the suspension did a good job - rebounded as expected. But that tire... 

4. MSP - the wheel handled fine, but it was the only wheel that I rode the additional 3 miles from my house so there was some additional fatigue... and it was the first wheel I took on the trails . I probably need to revisit the MSP out there under different circumstances. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Nice little find there.

Heck yeah - 240 miles and the larger battery config for $345. Going to let my kids bash the crap out of it before they move on to more valuable wheels. 

Found it on the SF CL site. Other notable wheels available there currently - Sherman, S18, Mten3, MCM5 and a parade of Airwheels and Ninebots. 

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Heck yeah - 240 miles and the larger battery config for $345. Going to let my kids bash the crap out of it before they move on to more valuable wheels. 

Found it on the SF CL site. Other notable wheels available there currently - Sherman, S18, Mten3, MCM5 and a parade of Airwheels and Ninebots. 

bolo for a good price on another half beat 16x. FInd one and snag it, I'll even it out when you ship it. You know the math of these things. Was a battery hard to find? I wonder if the 16x battery is a little rarer atm?

Batteries were intact on the 16X which was big selling point. Same with 14D, charged it up to 100% first thing. Was feeling good about that and then found that the valve and core in the tube were shot. Man down...

image.jpg

• Like 1

Little guy is back together with some rubbing from the tube valve - will deal with that later LOL. Getting the speakers plugged in was a pain in the donkey as expected. I did find that the bottle opener on utility knifes is perfect for popping off the LED strips. Also need to re-apply the pads. Opting for Velcro versus adhesive so future repairs/servicing are/is faster.

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 2