So many IPS choices

Shoe73

So I am looking at all the IPS EUs for sale and there are a ton of them. I cant seem to figure out their system with the different models.  I see there are series I,T, F, K, Lhotz, and Zero, with different models of each, with different battery capacities, motor powers, etc.  Just looking at specs its not clear to me what the different series are about.  If anyone knows, how are the different series distinguished?  Like series X is their off-road series, Y is for commuting, Z is for tricks, etc...  Thanks!

The trend now is in favor of the IPS Zero(slim, light, beautiful and powerful) . Next would be the Lhotz which is the top of the line model then there will be the IPS T350+.which is also a 16".  You can't go wrong with any of these models. Check out the previous posts in the IPS and the reviews section. 

OK thanks for the suggestions! I have slowly been going over all the info on the site here.

I have a generic 14" and I am worried the greater stability of the 16" will take the fun out of being so maneuverable.  Haven't had any trouble going over bumps or anything so far, so I was thinking of sticking with 14.  Was eyeing the IPS I260. Of course I haven't tried a 16", maybe I would like it better...

6 hours ago, Shoe73 said:

OK thanks for the suggestions! I have slowly been going over all the info on the site here.

I have a generic 14" and I am worried the greater stability of the 16" will take the fun out of being so maneuverable.  Haven't had any trouble going over bumps or anything so far, so I was thinking of sticking with 14.  Was eyeing the IPS I260. Of course I haven't tried a 16", maybe I would like it better...

Better get the Zero. You may buy the I260 now but aspire for the Zero later. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I compared the Zero and IPS 122+ (260) pretty heavily and decided to go for the 260. It favors the more off road scenarios that I like to do a lot more than the Zero would seem to. I've been greatly impressed with the 260 across very terrible dirt roads, as well as a lot of jagged and uneven rocks. When I am downtown though I wish I had a Zero, or when it is a little later at nigh. I am very happy with my choice though. 

Hi thanks for the input. That's what I was thinking, that I want something sturdy, rugged and reliable over something that looks pretty. Recently I read that for my weight (185 lb) I should go for a 16" wheel. I've been paralyzed by the number of choices (and the prices) these days but will definitely be getting something soon. Too bad there isn't a store nearby where I could see and try them all!

6 minutes ago, Shoe73 said:

Hi thanks for the input. That's what I was thinking, that I want something sturdy, rugged and reliable over something that looks pretty. Recently I read that for my weight (185 lb) I should go for a 16" wheel. I've been paralyzed by the number of choices (and the prices) these days but will definitely be getting something soon. Too bad there isn't a store nearby where I could see and try them all!

There is no definite consensus that a person weighing 84 kgs should get a 16" wheel. The IPS Zero is as sturdy as any other IPS model and as an added bonus is much more pleasing to the eye. :)

1 minute ago, SlowMo said:

There is no definite consensus that a person weighing 84 kgs should get a 16" wheel. The IPS Zero is as sturdy as any other IPS model and as an added bonus is much more pleasing to the eye. :)

Ok thanks! I may meet up with a bunch of EU riders this weekend (if it doesn't rain) and get to see a bunch of different wheels there in person. Hopefully this will break the paralysis. ?

Archived