Returning cyclist .. dusted off my old E+

vespaman

Hi Guys,

My (electric) car is having some TLC by BMW, so I figure I should start up my old wheel again.

I purchased the E+ when it first came out, I think, in 2015, and haven't used it the last couple of years. Every now and then I have charged it up, so battery has never been fully discharged. The tire seems to be leaking some, since it was quite soft.

But i  figured i should ask, if it is likely that the battery needs to be replaced regardless? I have never had a cut off, even during over leaning (maybe because of temps here in Sweden are generally not too high), so it used to be good, at least..

I have a very old FW - will the app work with it still? And is the app now named segway ninebot? When I purchased mine, Segway (I believe was a diffent company). My mobile phone is of course changed, so i need to download some app, if not for anything else, so get battery information.

Sorry for all the questions, hope some 'old timer' out there knows how E+ ages... :)

Yes, things have changed a bit. We also have a few other cool apps. DarknessBot for iPhones and EUC world for Android. When you charge it up pay close attention to the final percentage. If you don’t make it to 100% take note and be careful. You might not have the power (amperage) you need. 

Welcome back!! ......... and ... on a side note you might want to take a little time to see the new wheels available. They have come a long way. Some wheels can go 100 miles and reach speeds of 50mph. .... and suspension!!!  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 12:04 PM, vespaman said:

But i  figured i should ask, if it is likely that the battery needs to be replaced regardless? I have never had a cut off, even during over leaning (maybe because of temps here in Sweden are generally not too high), so it used to be good, at least..

It's probably fine. I am still using my 5+ year-old battery and find it to be as reliable as my other four E+ batteries in rotation. Also, finding an original Ninebot 320wh battery is very dificult nowadays (I bought all of them lol). 

Be wary of the Ninebot P 340wh batteries - I purchased two of them new from Speedyfeety.co.uk two years ago, and have had recurring cut-outs on both.

On 6/28/2021 at 1:10 PM, RockyTop said:

Yes, things have changed a bit. We also have a few other cool apps. DarknessBot for iPhones and EUC world for Android. When you charge it up pay close attention to the final percentage. If you don’t make it to 100% take note and be careful. You might not have the power (amperage) you need. 

+1 for DarknessBot, though it seems to freeze fairly often on my iPhone XR. The interface and features are much better than the Ninebot Apps.