Which EUC to choose - Lhotz, 9botE+ or something else?

THA

Hello everyone!

I've been looking for a better EUC for while now. First I purchased an entry-level EU, similar to TG wheel (14"), since it was light, temperature range -10 to +40 C and low cost to learn. But I like to drive some trails too, so like to get more power and bigger wheel.

My first thought was to get a 9bot1 but after I tried C+ I was dissapointed: pedals incline to driving direction ("soft" feel), which didn't feel nice, I liked to have a firm (firmer at least) feel. I also didn't like the tilt-back, especially when it occurred already on relatively low speed. I have no idea how big changes can be made via Ninedroid or how big the difference is between C+, E and E+?

The I seriously considered to purchase IPS XIMA Lhotz (191) and e-wheelshop.nl came up - have anyone any experience about them? It there a risk to get one older version? In that case, will it still run 30 km/h? What is the actual range of this wheel? Which parameters can be varied through the app (and which app)? Is it really waterproof, like 9bot? Just keen to that 2,5 inch tyre, could be a beast on trail...

Now I have Rockwheel GR16 on test and I see many pluses, but perhaps still more minuses on it:
+ really light, as TG
+ range about 3x vs. TG - almost OK, but there are many other comparable choices too
+ open casing makes it easy to remove snow
+ incredible torque, so easy to start again after landing... even from a small hole
- very unstable due to lack of angular momentum/geared stucture (?)
- revs instantaneously when even slightly airborne (due to the great torque)
- difficult to balance when compared to TG 14" or 9bot
- terrible clearance to to the gear, several degrees, makes it difficult to make tight turns
- bad noise under bigger loads, especially today when driving in -30 Celsius uphill
Any of these familiar to others who tested RW?

So what wheel should I choose, any recommendations? And please do not suggest any 18", since those are just too high and big for me, I don't want the wheel reach above my elbow.
Thanks for reading through, please give me a clue :)

- Tuija

1 hour ago, THA said:

I seriously considered to purchase IPS XIMA Lhotz (191) and e-wheelshop.nl came up - have anyone any experience about them? It there a risk to get one older version? In that case, will it still run 30 km/h? What is the actual range of this wheel? Which parameters can be varied through the app (and which app)? Is it really waterproof, like 9bot? Just keen to that 2,5 inch tyre, could be a beast on trail...

I have the Lhotz and it is a fantastic wheel and looks great. I'm not familiar with that website but if you want the Lhotz your two options that I know are reliable are either Amazon.com or electro-sport.de

Both will get you the 30km/h version. I got mine from Amazon uk but they've been removed now. Depending on where you live it may/may not be available. Electro-sport.de are very good and friendly apparently.

The 2.5inch wheel gives an incredibly solid and stable feel, which makes the Ninebot feel unstable and over-sensitive in comparison. Not sure how much extra that wheel would help for off-road though. The app allows you to change lights and provides speedometer information. There aren't any riding modes but the ride feel is nice and hard. There is three apps. The official one, the 'new' official one which some models work on and some don't, and Kevin's app. Kevin's is a custom one that allows you to skip the 100km ride before the top speed is unlocked. I think it's ip65 waterproofed.

electro-sport.de have a review on YouTube which is good but it's obviously not in English. It's a heavy beast (14kg) but it's fantastic.

Many thanks Paddylaz, I've seen the vids, can't understand german either but they make the gadget tempting anyway. But please confirm if You mean it's hard in comparison with 9bot? How easy it is to make tight turns, if You compare to 9bot? Ninebot E+ is also 14kg, so if the specs are correct, Lhotz isn't any heavier.
Wish to get some comparison with Rockwheel too. What I forgot to mention as plus is the firm pedal setting, because it's ruined by the clearance.

Turning is extremely easy, much easier than the Ninebot. The whole wheel has a very reassuring solid feel to it that's partly due to software algorithms I assume but mostly due to that thick tire.

I haven't really tried any, but the downside of that thick tire I think will be a higher difficulty in doing tricks. So if you're into tricks and the like, it's probably not the wheel for you

yee the ride 'feel' is hard. Similar to riding mode 0 on the Ninebot. Harder actually. But the thickness of the tire makes it extremely comfortable to handle 

Okay, got it :) I'm over 40''s Mrs., no tricks... but as offroad MC rider like to drive through one MX track too - some enduro trails of course :) Main use would still be going to work and grocery on daily basis, walking our dog and training balance for enduro... this IPS 191 sounds just too good to be true, too perfect, so I'm waiting if there still some better choices which I didin't notice... for while at least :o 

1. decide on purpose: commute=carry sometimes=light 14", 16" in between, for off-road an 18".

2. choose reputed brand 9B/IPS/GW/KS

3. buy biggest battery you can afford

4. put on full safety gear (the fun usualyy lasts longer)

Archived