Snow Ride

MetricUSA

Well it was -6°C for my ride home from work, I should have taken my skiis instead, upto 5 cm on unplowed paths rode mostly on (salted) roads as sidewalks barely passable, ice unshoveled...but by the time I got near home, my q3 was so clogged with snow it could barely turn... How you crazy gotways do it???

I have ridden in the past few days as it snowed here in Czech Republic for the first time since I own my new King Song and it is A LOT OF FUN! The tire grips the ground very well and even though I sometimes fall, the unicycle and me both are ok since you just fall into snow.  I can confirm that you can withstand smaller drifts! I love the unshoveled but made hard by walking snow the best:)
I had to invent a little routine I use before entering indoors to get rid of of all the snow clogged in the uni. I just get of and while it is turned on I bounce the unicycle against the ground with my hand while it spins. This gets rid of most of the snow and you are not left with a puddle underneath your unicycle after all the snow inside melts.

Hi there and regards from Finland - today -30 Celsius (243K) and rode with the Rockwheel GR16 to work :) On tuesday -20C and TG also worked just fine - unless one forgets about the battery capacity, only 2/4 left after 3km :o Rockwheel vibrates more, no stuffed snow melting on the floor at work, but TG "shirt" fills up rapidly, especially close to the zero Celsius.

Archived