back on the saddle and no rib cage pain

Today I did my 1st "over 30km" ride after that stupid fall eleven days ago. My ribs are now OK and my confidence is back at normal levels. Man, I was missing the ride!!! 

And today was the 1st official Summer day!!! The only snag is that here it's threatening rain (or raining) almost every day and the temperature is in the whereabouts of 20ºC....while in Germany and Hungary, it's way over 30ºC and the Euro soccer players have to practice at late hours since it's so hot ...in the north!!! Got figure out this weather....

anyway, it was fun to be back on the 16X while I wait for news on the lemon S18 that went back to MyEWheel after that miserable 14km ride, just out of the box...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

Today I did my 1st "over 30km" ride after that stupid fall eleven days ago.

anyway, it was fun to be back on the 16X

Fall, what fall?B) Some things just need to be remembered as a bad dream. No way you fell and got hurt, as you're still riding like a magician on some fancy new fangled toy those pesky kids must buy.

Im really glad you still like the 16x. Perhaps its gna become your 'trusty' wheel that gives you confidence to toss coins at new wheels. It doesnt hurt so much to have a wheel in limbo, if you've still got one that is beginning to read your mind. Grats on being a mental midget and continuing to ride, despite the obvious. Don't worry, OUR carnival doesnt have any 'you must be this tall' signs about...

You do realize that if we were to meet at a bar anytime soon, the greeting would be a nice little jab to the ribs, right? Luckliy even Polaks know better than issue me travel privs..

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Fall, what fall?B) Some things just need to be remembered as a bad dream. No way you fell and got hurt, as you're still riding like a magician on some fancy new fangled toy those pesky kids must buy.

Im really glad you still like the 16x. Perhaps its gna become your 'trusty' wheel that gives you confidence to toss coins at new wheels. It doesnt hurt so much to have a wheel in limbo, if you've still got one that is beginning to read your mind. Grats on being a mental midget and continuing to ride, despite the obvious. Don't worry, OUR carnival doesnt have any 'you must be this tall' signs about...

You do realize that if we were to meet at a bar anytime soon, the greeting would be a nice little jab to the ribs, right? Luckliy even Polaks know better than issue me travel privs..

Don't you dare jab me there 😂😂😂 I'm still mentally (also am mental but not committed yet) fragile... 😂😂😂😂

On 6/21/2021 at 8:21 PM, Paulo Mesquita said:

Man, I was missing the ride!!! ....... anyway, it was fun to be back on the 16X

I am glad you are back out there. Were you having any 16X dreams while you were recuperating? :efefd0f676:

I took a 16X ride this morning, and when I arrived back at my house, there were two young boys [about 6 and 8 years old] riding their bicycles on the street in front of my house. They were smart enough to spot something strange happening when they saw it, :oand they immediately started asking questions and following me around for several minutes while I was doing some last goofing around riding before having to get ready to go to work. I am just a 10 year old myself, trapped in an aging body.

The older one kept asking me if he could ride it; saying that he knew how to ride hover boards. I kept politely saying I would need a note from his mother. Part of me wanted to let him have a try ... a big part ... because I remember what it was like to be a kid. But all I could do was think about these guys coming after me if one of them got hurt. USA society has been law suit happy for the past 40 years or so. I finally went inside my house to get ready for work. I kept feeling bad about having to turn the kid down. He really wanted to give it a try. 

On 6/21/2021 at 10:17 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

Im really glad you still like the 16x. Perhaps its gna become your 'trusty' wheel that gives you confidence to toss coins at new wheels.

You have a good wheel in the 16X. I still think it is the most fun one for general purpose everything. I agree with @ShanesPlanet that once you have a good, fun trusty wheel as an anchor wheel, it makes it easier to take a chance on the newer less proven stuff.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Scottie said:

The older one kept asking me if he could ride it; saying that he knew how to ride hover boards. I kept politely saying I would need a note from his mother.

I foresee a mother's note incoming. She will just happen to have handwriting that is very similar to what an 8 year old does..:whistling:

I don't think I'd let one so young either. For fear of my wheel. Perhaps a 12 year old, as he can work off the damages easier....

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Scottie said:

I am glad you are back out there. Were you having any 16X dreams while you were recuperating? :efefd0f676:

I took a 16X ride this morning, and when I arrived back at my house, there were two young boys [about 6 and 8 years old] riding their bicycles on the street in front of my house. They were smart enough to spot something strange happening when they saw it, :oand they immediately started asking questions and following me around for several minutes while I was doing some last goofing around riding before having to get ready to go to work. I am just a 10 year old myself, trapped in an aging body.

The older one kept asking me if he could ride it; saying that he knew how to ride hover boards. I kept politely saying I would need a note from his mother. Part of me wanted to let him have a try ... a big part ... because I remember what it was like to be a kid. But all I could do was think about these guys coming after me if one of them got hurt. USA society has been law suit happy for the past 40 years or so. I finally went inside my house to get ready for work. I kept feeling bad about having to turn the kid down. He really wanted to give it a try. 

You have a good wheel in the 16X. I still think it is the most fun one for general purpose everything. I agree with @ShanesPlanet that once you have a good, fun trusty wheel as an anchor wheel, it makes it easier to take a chance on the newer less proven stuff.

@Scottie I've also had kids on bikes asking me to let them ride the 16x. My excuse is that they need to be padded up with protective gear. But it is fun to look at their faces 😁

To the very little ones I say :"one day you be going to work on one of these" 

32 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I foresee a mother's note incoming. She will just happen to have handwriting that is very similar to what an 8 year old does..:whistling:

I don't think I'd let one so young either. For fear of my wheel. Perhaps a 12 year old, as he can work off the damages easier....

😂😂😂😂😂😂