New hoverboard butler from Ninebot and Intel

Cranium

I'm so glad that some of our own forum members envisioned this kind of improvement few months ago. I myself wondered if we can hack Ninebot/ Xiaomi model to follow us...to carry our luggage etc. Now big players are catching up with forum members! Can't wait to buy one.

I love this, it makes so much sense to build it on the ninebot mini as a base platform. If you're already making a self balancing robot with strong motors and a relatively big battery then why not let it serve dual purposes as a transport too? Then it gives you the extra usefulness of being able to ride it somewhere and let it follow you around when you get there, seems like it would be great for stuff like grocery shopping, just make a basket for it that it can hold while it follows you around then carry the basket in your hand when you're ready to ride it back home.

I can see AUTOMATED Self Guided Tours.  You press a button for the tour you want, and it takes you on your way with an audible guide telling you about what you are looking at.  It could even turn towards the thing it's talking about.  And, maybe even whistle at pretty girls as they walk by. ;)

Sort of like Segway Tours, but not relying on some Bone Head to steer or control it.

Archived