(SOLD OUT PERMANENTLY) ShanesPads V2SE, V2NSE, V2M now shipping...

29 minutes ago, stephen said:

Shanepads

Shanepads

So received  the Shane pads in less than 2 weeks from America in sticks somewhere in Shane County, at first I thought these was to small so I fitted them with some jump blocks ,,anyway, I did a 63 mile trip today without having a break apart from 2 stops to reposition the pads  WOW these are so comfortable I love the wider pads and the flex in them when you hit a bump or accelerate or brake ,just the right space from pad to pad you don't even know they are there until you brake or accelerate etc , if these was shit I'd say so but no they are far from it and for £53 shipped to the UK I'm happy ,, thanks Shane I'll try a video next time might need  another pair for my next wheel:D

This is GREAT news and thank you! Wow, you must really climb all over that thing. Lowering the pads makes em even wider. Freaking awesome that they can work with a form of jump pad too. Looks like its about time to add some spikes to those feet aint it? I see you got the upgraded mudflap already. Keep me posted how goes, lookin forward to the vid. It makes me happy when a customer/friend is happy. Thanks again bro!

*you do know I have red too. Basic red and NINJA red. Of course ninja is more awesomer, its freaking NINJA....:ph34r:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

Got mine on today and although I have only ridden it round the garden I can tell straight away that they give much more fore/aft clearance than the stock pads which is exactly what I was after. I placed the lower section of velcro just a little lower so I have a bit of up and down wiggle room for the pad if needed. As Stephen said, the fact the nubs flex a little is really nice for comfort, but not too flexy that it defeats the point of pads in the first place.

Overall and although I have not used the wheel properly yet, these seem awesome and do just what I wanted - a pad thats there when needed and out of the way when not, plus they are as discreet as possible.

And holy shit the backing on that velcro is strong...as per the instructions, you dont want to be repositioning it! Get it right first time by not rushing fitment.

Just gutted that mine came to £60 via Paypal instead of Stephens £53....only joking, these are still one of the cheapest options around :clap3:

Cheers Shane!

6272021113722.thumb.jpg.c4f63abd6747d5f41b37bfa0684e44dc.jpg

Edited by Planemo
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Got mine on today and although I have only ridden it round the garden I can tell straight away that they give much more fore/aft clearance than the stock pads which is exactly what I was after. I placed the lower section of velcro just a little lower so I have a bit of up and down wiggle room for the pad if needed. As Stephen said, the fact the nubs flex a little is really nice for comfort, but not too flexy that it defeats the point of pads in the first place.

Overall and although I have not used the wheel properly yet, these seem awesome and do just what I wanted - a pad thats there when needed and out of the way when not, plus they are as discreet as possible.

And holy shit the backing on that velcro is strong...as per the instructions, you dont want to be repositioning it! Get it right first time by not rushing fitment.

Just gutted that mine came to £60 via Paypal instead of Stephens £53....only joking, these are still one of the cheapest options around :clap3:

Cheers Shane!

Nice one mate I've just been for another 36 mile ride this morning  ,, I love em I like the width from pad to pad just enough play for your calfs/legs  ,,loving the flex hope they keep flexing and not split anywhere time will tell but yes these pads are super much better than clark pads or the russian  ones I paid £110 for:wacko:

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Planemo said:

Cheers Shane!

Thanks for the review! Now you have me thinking... How did his come up cheaper than yours? Maybe he's just so much better looking, I had to repay him for the beauty he brings to this rugged planet. Maybe the usd gained value while you waited (I doubt it). Also good to hear the velcro is staying put. 3m makes good stuff and yup, they charge accordingly. I was tempted to browse for a more affordable option, but nah...  Best epdm I could find, best velcro, best material, worst worker. I had to offset that last one somehow.

17 hours ago, stephen said:

Nice one mate I've just been for another 36 mile ride this morning  ,, I love em I like the width from pad to pad just enough play for your calfs/legs  ,,loving the flex hope they keep flexing and not split anywhere time will tell but yes these pads are super much better than clark pads or the russian  ones I paid £110 for:wacko:

I really hope these don't wear out very easily. The material used has extremely resilient properties. If anyone does have issues arise from simply using them, I will definitely make it right. I'd also NEED to know.  The walls of the material are 1.2mm thick as I found this the best blend of durability and flex. The basic version is also durable and I suspect its closer in quality to the majority of similar pads. The ninjatek better be good stuff, its priced damn high and its quite more difficult to work with.

Thanks again guys, all the feedback means a lot more coming from you random asshats than it does coming from this idiot....

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Thanks for the review! Now you have me thinking... How did his come up cheaper than yours? Maybe he's just so much better looking

Well there is that I suppose. But he smokes too, so maybe he got a Shaney Discount cos of that :)

3m makes good stuff and yup, they charge accordingly. I was tempted to browse for a more affordable option, but nah...  Best epdm I could find, best velcro, best material

Good to hear, yeah anything 3M is the only way for stuff like this. Like you say it's expensive but it never lets you down. Same with their vinyl wrap or anything that involves adhesive.

The basic version is also durable and I suspect its closer in quality to the majority of similar pads. The ninjatek better be good stuff, its priced damn high and its quite more difficult to work with.

Out of interest, what is the main difference between the basic and ninja filament? (aside from cost lol)

On 7/27/2021 at 12:31 PM, Planemo said:

Well there is that I suppose. But he smokes too, so maybe he got a Shaney Discount cos of that :)

Good to hear, yeah anything 3M is the only way for stuff like this. Like you say it's expensive but it never lets you down. Same with their vinyl wrap or anything that involves adhesive.

Out of interest, what is the main difference between the basic and ninja filament? (aside from cost lol)

Basic filament is purchased wherever I can get it.-(no longer available/offered)- Typically china or argentina or philippines. The formulas in them vary, but I'm pretty sure the Ninja brand has MUCH tighter quality control. Both are made of various polymers, but the ninja has proven to be much more durable and has much better consistency. The ninja also manufactures at a much hotter temperature, making it more resistant to heat (and a bitch to work with as the machine need run WAY hot 245C+).  Im sure a chemist could break down the data sheets and give you a much more precise answer.

The epdm comes from a usa company that specializes in commercial materials and neoprene  is from RollNZ. I ship with USPS and I know the name of my neighbor postman (old man Randy is the best)who drives a shittier car than I do. Am I baised? YOU BET! Perhaps you're also noticing a basic theme and preference. :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered another pair of shanepads for my exn , I've used shanepads on my sherman they was excellent so I thought I'd try them on the exn and WOW these have got to be the comfiest pads I've used I love the extra wiggle room , great design great flex and so minimalistic beats the russian pads hands down at twice the price , looking forward to receiving my other pair ,,, great work Shane :clap3:

• Like 1

Ordered another pair Shane pads on 5th August  received today 12th August to the UK and I like em ,, love a bit of colour,, thanks Shane now I got them on both wheels

20210812_16562120210812_165557Shanepads

• Like 3

Holy bright pad overload batman! And 7 days from the US to UK!!! Bloody hell thats fast.

I managed a very short (8 mile) ride last night, my first with the ShanesPlanetSooperDooperLeetNinjaBadBoy pads, they were FAR better than the stock ones. Much more room and seemed just about bang on for my type of riding - the front nub didn't get in the way unless I needed it and the same with the rear. Plus they were nice and cushy when I did, providing nice leverage without feeling like a plank of wood on my shins/calves.

Well happy with mine :)

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • ..... changed the title to ShanesPads V2 SE now shipping...
  • 3 weeks later...

Couple of caveats: I ride a 16X, not a Sherman and did need to reduce the spacing so they would fit the wheel (and because I have chicken legs), and these are the only pads I've ever tried.

But. I wanted them for off-road. Going up steep hills is one of the things the 16X excels at but I found myself on tip toes (balls of feet actually) where rocks and bumps and roots made things very tenuous. So I needed pads for more leverage. I didn't want Clarks or the other "hard" pads because I was worried they'd kill my shins when I hit bumps so I convinced Shane to let me try his. Tool used for convincing... cash money. He's pretty easy going.

At any rate, I haven't been off-road as much as I'd like to be for various reasons, but recently did manage to get in almost a week riding single track in the mountains around Salt Lake City. And my report is: off-road, these pads are excellent! On single track sudden knee bending happens and the slight flex in the push pad really helps keep them from either smashing into my shins or knocking me off the wheel. But at the same time they are stiff enough to allow a great deal of leverage, which in turn lets me keep my feet flat on the pedals. WAY more stable, quite a bit more power too. Puke Hill was no match, no match at all.

As to durability, the ninjaflex is not showing any sign of wear, and there are no stress points that I can see. Sure, the rubbery foam stuff on the inside of the push and brake fins isn't holding up at all, nevertheless it still seems to work ok. The neoprene on the SE variant should solve that problem but at this point I don't need to make the switch (besides, I don't know how I'd get the rubbery foam off anyway).

To give you an idea of how much I do like these pads, I actually sliced holes (slots really) in my beloved roll.nz so I could ride with both the pads and the roll.nz at the same time. My surgery is rather cruder than the fancy eyes Shane has on his custom cover, but it doesn't look bad at all.

So if you happen to ride a 16X and want pads, give these a whirl. I cut about 3/4 of an inch out of the middle and the velcro still holds them on quite well although if I didn't have them under my roll.nz I'd add another strip. I could probably take another 1/4 - 1/2 inch out, my braking style is such that I only hit the brake pad during really urgent stops. I also mounted them lower so that I had a flatter mounting surface, and replaced the stock center pads with a set of hard fillers designed by @ArieKanarie and printed by @RockyTop (with the same amazing print quality as his stands—perfect fit). Thank you to those two creators! Replacing the stock center pad probably isn't necessary, but it does give you a flatter mounting surface.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

Done a good coupla long rides with Shaneyboy pads now, and the upper level executive decision has been made that they are staying on my wheel.

Only after this rigourous induction, testing stage and evaluation process does any sticker get near my wheel. So amid great fanfare, circus clowns and fireworks I present to you...

8262021165124.thumb.jpg.b0d96f2bf52ef553ec2870fb3d906c8b.jpg

...bet you're glad you included them gratis in the package now :D

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Looking good @stephen! I'm still rocking a set myself. I have lowered mine by about 15mm (looks like you too!) to give me an even wider range of motion. Brake pads stayed about same place but I now have even MORE ability to lean off the front. I was toying with the idea of adding an 'extra wide' set to the collection of offerings. In the end tho, I think the narrow version and original, offer plenty of adjusting.

3 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Looking good @stephen! I'm still rocking a set myself. I have lowered mine by about 15mm (looks like you too!) to give me an even wider range of motion. Brake pads stayed about same place but I now have even MORE ability to lean off the front. I was toying with the idea of adding an 'extra wide' set to the collection of offerings. In the end tho, I think the narrow version and original, offer plenty of adjusting.

I love the pads tbh best I've  had ,,I'd welcome an extra wide set if they was ever available  ,but these are good enough for now ,, thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

DSCN8407.jpg

Size comparison between the original SE pads and the N (narrow) version for smaller wheels or a more locked in feeling. Narrow are made to order, so shipping time is increased by about 2 days. All colors available in both.

• 2 months later...
  • I have created a set of ShanesPads V2M. They are the same angle and distance in width as my original, but a mere 30mm tall. They are designed to easily fit under covers and offer a little nub to grip with on the legs, w/o impeding you from easily leaning outside of the pads. Same Usa material, same 3m velcro. Also includes some epdm for top edge of wheel. I enjoyed my 18XL without custom pads for years. I finally decided I could use a little increase in braking. I did not want to lose comfort and ability to climb all over the wheel easily. Hence the newest version of ShanesPads V2M (micro).
  • The Micro pads are designed to be as minimal as possible. Not quite as luxurious as my original, but they are less obtrusive and very easy to forget you have them until you NEED them. Below is Micro Vs Original sizing. Easily fit most non-suspension 18"+ wheels. Designed for high mounting location to leave the feet free.
  • Best news is these are available in all the same colors and only $45usd priority shipped in continental USA! They are also made to order, please allow 2-3 xtra days to get shipped. Add an euc themed custom T-shirt for summer and save on shipping! Contact me for any information and have a great season!
  • DSCN8498.jpg
Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• ..... changed the title to ShanesPads V2SE, V2NSE, V2M now shipping...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/24/2022 at 2:25 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

I enjoyed my 18XL without custom pads for years. I finally decided I could use a little increase in braking. I did not want to lose comfort and ability to climb all over the wheel easily. Hence the newest version of ShanesPads V2M (micro).

How did I not hear of these pads?

I'm most likely to purchase a KingSong 18XL, and I'm wondering if the larger version of these pads can fit on the curved surface of that EUC.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2022 at 11:28 PM, LanghamP said:

How did I not hear of these pads?

I'm most likely to purchase a KingSong 18XL, and I'm wondering if the larger version of these pads can fit on the curved surface of that EUC.

Yes, they most definitely fit very well on the xl. They lay flat and the curvature doesnt bother them at all. They can be placed as high as : just below the cover screws (where I wear mine), or lowered to accomodate even more width, or when you find yourself wearing bulky shin protection. The 'micro' set also fits just fine. The 'micro' use the same angles as original, only much shorter.

On 4/12/2022 at 11:04 PM, Boofheadeu said:

how do i order them. i have a 16x and would love to try them

thanks

Firstly, I apologize for not noticing your comment sooner. Such poor form. Give me two more weeks and I can come up with a list of bullsh*t excuses for you, if you'd like.

You can contact me via PM about purchases or information about unicycles with an accuracy rating of 50/50.

I have Canadian customers, and I don't believe the shipping adds much at all. As for the 16X. @Tawpie has seemed to have success with them, but her explanation of how they work on a shorter wheel, prompted me to create the 'Narrow' version. I am more than happy to sell you a pair of whichever you prefer. I need to get with @Tawpie to gather more information about the fitment. Unfortunately, I dont own a 16x. I'd like to give you a definitive answer and assurance, yet I simply cannot. Feel free to PM me and we can work something out. I've also been contemplating the printing of side panels for a flatter surface. Without having a 16x to test fit, I admit I havent been very prompt in that adventure.

I do thank you for your interest, and let me know if I may be of assistance.:eff02be2d7:

Edited by ShanesPlanet

• mrelwood changed the title to (SOLD OUT PERMANENTLY) ShanesPads V2SE, V2NSE, V2M now shipping...