(SOLD OUT PERMANENTLY) ShanesPads V2SE, V2NSE, V2M now shipping...

• ..... changed the title to ShanesPads V2 now shipping...

They look really nice, a little upgrade to the stock pads like you say, without going to the bonkers Clark/Russian types.

Wouldn't mind trying a set, only one question, are the lips man enough to take the weight of the Sherman on it's side? Virtually all of my rides involve a car trip, and it's always transported on it's side. Kinda what I like about the stock pads - durable and add a bit of sponginess.

• Like 2

Understood, cheers for that. The pic on the right shows exactly what I was trying to confirm. I hear you on the fact that if there is a bit of movement to the wheel during transit it could roll the lips of the pads over. As you say, I think the simplest, best option would just be to use a block of foam under the centre of the pad and not weight the lips at all.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Make sure you’ve done the rib mod first… don’t wanna smash the BMS

And then some...I had the modded panels and then I modded them myself some more.

• Like 2

On 6/13/2021 at 11:50 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

Minmal pads made from two variants of Flexible material. One variant comes in Red and Black and is pad material of Chinese make. The other is available in Red, Black, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange and is from a premium Ninjatek industrial USA made filament. Each set requires over 10hrs to create and is finished off with quality 3m velcro and epdm self adhesive strips. Each pair contains a complete spare set of epdm.

ShanesPads V2 are very similar in outside dimensions to the stock sherman pads. They are internally quite a bit wider and are intended to offer a looser feel while allowing extra leverage at the far ends of accel and braking(inner dimension available upon request). These pads are flexible. Their flex is the key to why they work so well. You can lean into these and if you hit a  bump, they don't simply destroy your legs, they flex! Even comfy in shorts. I dearly love my epdm pads also, but they just don't take a beating very well and I wanted a little more support. Ride tested and approved personally. ShanesPads V2 and Nylonove review

If you own a gotway or sherman, I'll toss in colored power caps of your choosing(please specify model). Colors can be mixed on a pad basis. Pads can be purchase individually should the need arise. Each set of pads comes with pieces shown below(left). Picture to the right shows colors available. Included is quality 3m velcro, epdm self adhesive padding, ShanesPads V2(pick your color/type), power port caps x3 (pick your color/type), a few alcohol wipes, a box and it may even arrive with some North Carolina mountain air in it.

Shanes-Pads-V2-Full-Kit.jpgShanes-Pads-V2-colors.jpg

Shown below is intended installation placement. However, feel free to place where you need. Any kits specific to the sherman will have the 3m velcro precut and the epdm precut with holes. Kits destined for other wheels will include uncut soft velcro and uncut top strips. Please specify intended use or preferences.

updated.jpg  *Ninjatek sapphire blue shown on the Sherman.   *235x90x50mm*

NO. The shreman is NOT included with pad kits!

The idea is: Keep it simple, keep it affordable and keep them useable but out of the way when not needed. I prefer the Ninjatek of course, but both are VERY similar. These are designed thin (3mm), as the Sherman already bows the legs enough. These pads will NOT make you feel locked in. These are designed to mount high. You CAN lower them to increase leg room or raise them to decrease. I went thru many revisions to find MY perfect spot and angle, but we are all different sizes and ride styles.

These are backed by ShanesPlanet's guarantee. Basically, if you have an issue, let me know and I'll do what I can to make it right.

*Usa premium ninjatek pad kits are currently $60 shipped to the continental USA. 3day priority usps

*Standard quality pad kits are currently $50 shipped to the continental USA. 3day priority usps

First class USPS International postage adds in USD$$:  (delivery varies by location. Typically 2-4weeks overseas)

Canada,Poland   +$10    

Portugal,Sweden,United Kingdom, Northern Ireland,  +$15

Australia,Brazil,New Zealand +$20

Please feel free to PM me with any questions or purchase orders. Or just PM me for the h*ll of it!  Overseas inquires are definitely welcome. Thanks for looking and keep that wheel rollin'!

Nice dude, that is awesome! Congratulations setting up a product!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Planemo said:

And then some...I had the modded panels and then I modded them myself some more.

I remember seeing that before I had a sherman have you got a pic of what needs to be removed thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Ah, fuggit, I'm in. It's only cos you're such a good salesman though :D

PM'd.

And if you act RIGHT NOW, I'll include 2 sets in 4 easy payments of only $49.95. But wait... there's more! I'll even toss in this handy dandy used toothbrush at NO ADDITIONAL COST! Act fast as this deal won't last forever.........

Thank you for giving these a try George! The higher you place them the more narrow they seem. Yes, they are wide. Hopefully some of the guys find a use for them.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

I grabbed a set to try on my 16x, they're not intended for it but I wanted torque pads without the jump pad. So far I've run them about 120 miles mostly off pavement—the "roads" I ride would be best called "jeep tracks", they were made whenever and not maintained so they're largely loose rock and dust with big rocks embedded all over the place. I think they started as mining roads travelled by mules. It's moderately technical going and tends to get very steep, so it's slow speed stuff. I've also taken them on some intermediate single track to see how they work with roots and logs.

Yep, they are wide. And for me that's fine—I get braking wobbles unless I 'sit down', so leaning back into a pad isn't something I do. The width isn't an issue the way I ride.

I set them up for go-forward torque—so I could lean into them and keep my foot flat on the pedals. Without the pads, many of my climbs are on the balls of my feet on the front edge of the pedals while bouncing up/down/sideways... it's a real skill builder, but also not exactly fun. For that, the pads are a very nice addition with one caveat that may be common to all pads on jeep tracks: surprise bigger rocks and things you don't bump-jump can jam the pad into your shin when your knees bend to absorb the shock and boy am I glad they're soft and bendy. I think a solid pad could really hurt, maybe even do damage (there's a lot of leverage going on and getting whacked in your shin...).

But when it's not super bouncy, I do love the extra control I get by being able to keep my feet flat.

I'm going to leave them on for a while, so far they're holding up fine durability-wise. If they say out of my way when riding on pavement I'll probably slice my beloved roll.nz so they can stay on all the time. But if I don't find them helpful going up a steep street (they should be dreamy), then I'll just take them off and save them for the jeep tracks.

Thanks for your work on these @ShanesPlanet, don't go all OCD and try to fix them for 16x riders that like shaking themselves to death on surfaces even the hardcore mountain bikers curse. We are a rare and very special breed, not a profit center.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone interested in blemished (but functional) basic pads for half price? I have two red sets that I'd rather let someone enjoy, than simply toss them out. $25 per set, shipped to usa. Just pads with no velcro/epdm, I'll knock another $5 off each set. First come first served...:D

Blems do come up from time to time. Feel free to ask if I have any laying around..

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

Give the state of some wheels I have seen, along with the amount of nasty shit bolted/sellotaped/duck taped/glued etc to them, I would have thought a couple of blemishes to their pads would be of little concern :)

• Like 2

On 7/21/2021 at 1:12 AM, gon2fast said:

Need to decide on a color...

I can mix them up for you. Red on right/ blue on left? Green and orange? Black and yellow?

ANyone who's curious.. I havent had any issue with shipping to the UK.....yet. So far transit times have been 2 weeks or so. IN fairness, thats VERY fast in compare to the many months I've personally waited for things from overseas. Maybe its tougher to get things INTO USA, but so far it hasnt been tough to get things OUT of the USA. Sadly, I cannot include alcohol pads with overseas orders. I have had one package returned (never left the country) and had to resend, as I guess a couple alcohol pads are high risk.... I guess youll have to furnish your own alcohol. I'm talking about RUBBING ALCOHOL, not the other...  Of course, I aint furnishing that either!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

Well well! I just got back into the UK and a little parcel was waiting for me at home! Cheers Shane! I will do a sorta mini review once they are on :)

Edit: Pic removed - having a cull of my uploads to retrieve space.

Edited by Planemo
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Duf said:

You should really be pitching products on QVC, I would buy whatever you demonstrated :)

Haha. Yeah, Im sure the older crowd would REALLY appreciate my language and addiction. I guess I need go out here and showcase my next product. Thats right folks, heres a pile of cow shit. Not just ANY pile, but a pile from Shanesplanet that must be good as you can still see it steaming. If you act RIGHT NOW, I'll even toss in some blades of grass so you can get to making your own piles! Just send $19.95 and I'll ship that out. Wait... theres more... WHen you buy one, I'll include another box of total bullshit for free! Color and quantaties may vary slightly.

2 hours ago, Planemo said:

Well well! I just got back into the UK and a little parcel was waiting for me at home! Cheers Shane! I will do a sorta mini review once they are on :)

uh oh. Its getting serious now. Please do let me know how you get along with them (or don't). At least we can be impressed that the postal service is getting it done for cheaply and pretty fast. Thanks for giving them a try you guys. I still maintain that my pads are a selfish endeavor. I made them for me, but am REALLY happy that others are finding them of use as well. Of note: I cant ship the alcohol pads overseas any longer. My apologies to those affected.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

Shanepads

Shanepads

So received  the Shane pads in less than 2 weeks from America in sticks somewhere in Shane County, at first I thought these was to small so I fitted them with some jump blocks ,,anyway, I did a 63 mile trip today without having a break apart from 2 stops to reposition the pads  WOW these are so comfortable I love the wider pads and the flex in them when you hit a bump or accelerate or brake ,just the right space from pad to pad you don't even know they are there until you brake or accelerate etc , if these was shit I'd say so but no they are far from it and for £53 shipped to the UK I'm happy ,, thanks Shane I'll try a video next time might need  another pair for my next wheel:D

• Like 2

• mrelwood changed the title to (SOLD OUT PERMANENTLY) ShanesPads V2SE, V2NSE, V2M now shipping...