False alarm - ]Just in from CES - NEW Ninebot design]

h00ktern

Disregard - false alarm

Our friend, @Jason McNeil just located a NEW Ninebot design - described as having a "hollow wheel." Poor, poor Jason [sarcasm] asked me if I would post the picture for him. As soon as he can find the time, he will provide additional information.

@Jason McNeil quote:   "Ninebot are about to announce a hollow Wheel design."

20160105_085037.jpg

Hmmm...are you sure that's not just a NB1 P in the photo? Could be giving the illusion of being hollow because the casing is the same color as the pavers. It doesn't mean that the story isn't true... I'm just not sure this is a photo of a new design.

Anyway, doesn't Solowheel also have a "hollow" wheel design in the works? I thought I read somewhere that there was a prototype, but it wasn't ready for production yet, partly because they couldn't figure out how to make it weather-resistant.

5 minutes ago, Cloud said:

This is a classic case of an optical illusion. I love those!!

The funniest thing is I'm not even sure it's a photo of a person riding a ninebot. I think they photoshoped a stock photo of a model and added a ninebot and helmet.

I think it's hollow in the picture. The girl has slim legs. You cannot see any pavement cracks through it but then again, you cannot see all the cracks anyway. But the foot platform has the same color as the pavement so it's not the best picture to show the product.

But using google picture search "Ninebot hollow Wheel ces" I get a picture of @esaj Thank god it's not a topless or nude one, but you are a celebrity! :)

20 minutes ago, OliverH said:

It's all about bearing. Does this designs make sense?

It's a novel design but

- the bearings has to run faster, more friction and maybe less lifetime. Could get dirt more easily.
- I would like to see someone carrying that one. The foot platform does not fold.
- You get all the dirt to your back.

But it looks like from the future. I would rather see some manufacturer to show safe software/BMS than ufo-designs.

53 minutes ago, MarkoMarjamaa said:

It's a novel design but

- the bearings has to run faster, more friction and maybe less lifetime. Could get dirt more easily.
- I would like to see someone carrying that one. The foot platform does not fold.
- You get all the dirt to your back.

But it looks like from the future. I would rather see some manufacturer to show safe software/BMS than ufo-designs.

Yes ;)

that was also my first thought. What happens if you scratch the floor or hit a stone? Is the battery safe implemented?

look on the height of the "pedals". 

That's only design. I love form follows function.

Fastwheel is working on one called the Fastwheel Ring and here is a demo of it in action.

Every time I see this video, I end up with drool on my monitor.  Not sure if it's the wheel or what?? ;)

Ring.jpg.2a9e744288d9ad2e707790c944da3b0

And, before too long:

12 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Fastwheel is working on one called the Fastwheel Ring and here is a demo of it in action.

Every time I see this video, I end up with drool on my monitor.  Not sure if it's the wheel or what?? ;)

Ring.jpg.2a9e744288d9ad2e707790c944da3b0

And, before too long:

If they bundle the fastwheel ring with the girl in the video, i am in the market for one

1 hour ago, SuperSport said:

Wow, very nice, it looks small yet it's pretty big, err.. I think, what size is her ... err, tire?

Archived