Incredibly bad look for this community.

Roadpower

In the grand scale of NYC, the city of rats, this was nothing. Nobody even got hurt. And they have their own "big apple world" they live in, different rules, right? They race with the metal box automobiles everyday. This day they also raced each other, not_a_big_deal. 

Car drivers in NYC pretty much get away with hitting bicycles and such. Just NYC living up to that chaotic concrete jungle. Sarcasm might not  get across in anyway but..

"Just all fun and games."

If that race continues as it is, eventually accident will happen and someone might have to live with it, however long his/hers lifetime is. Will the hosts of the race stepup to support these medical costs too?

Video sure got attention, gotta say that much!
Would be great to see another race video!
In a race track or closed street.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bracky72 said:

If one of those dicks rode like that around me I’d hit them and knock them on their asses. See how that feels. Lol

Yeah for sure the right way to promote our passion ...

Words and arguments, no?

16 hours ago, Rawnei said:

And they aren't even jaywalking, it was green for pedestrians red for traffic.

These kewl kids think they are superior to elderly people crossing the street. They won't stop until someone is killed and we are all banned. So when you see someone barrelling through red lights, tell him he is an a-hole.

9 hours ago, OldFartRides said:

Looks like the line is drawn ‘tween the old farts and the young-n-dumb.

I'm going hold on to my inner young-n-dumb as long as possible.:D

Edited by winterwheel
  • Like 2

In my view the idea of how much the safety and risk to civilians was posed by this event is vastly overstated; people with an agenda are grabbing a couple of bits of video and allowing their imaginations to run wild in order to support the contention that everyone should ride the same way they do. I wasn't there so I don't know, but then neither were most if not all of the people screaming about it here.

The people onsite, the actual witnesses to the event, say it didn't pose an undue risk and I'm good with that.

Edited by winterwheel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, winterwheel said:

I know you guys will never change you minds, I'm okay with that.

Don't write us off because we have a contrary opinion. This is why I am a free speech absolutist, because I know there is value in hashing things out. Ideas have to get beaten up to be tested for validity. :)

My agenda is to let the people involved know that there other points of view out here in the hinterlands.

I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

• Like 2

I hope evX doesn't take offense and draws good conclusions.
I understand the urban idea of the Alleycat competition, different from the closed zone competition. I believe that it could have been organized differently - also spectacularly and with positive publicity for the rest of the society outside the EUC world.
After all, you can close small areas to random people in several parts of the city:
- time trial area,
- area with obstacles, e.g. stairs, narrow passages.
and the rider moves between areas, but time is not measured, only penalty points are added for traffic violations (after video analysis)

It is spectacular, it is among people ... and most importantly, it is safer and with culture.
Bonus for sponsors; Active viewers stand by the closed zones and have time to get interested in EUC.

btw: "evX you made a nice movie"