Incredibly bad look for this community.

Roadpower

13 minutes ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

Remember when the first cars showed up, over 100 years ago? 

Because they were loud too? because of the drivers?
what happen since, aren't they everywhere? No doubt EUCs will have same future ;)

In fact the title is misleading, I see 2 community : who see EUCs as a Sport, who see EUCs as the future of clean transportation.
The fears and expectations are well different for both community.

• Like 2

I agree with the car metaphor; no matter what this community or that does, the long term prognosis for wheels is that they will be everywhere. Wheels are just too useful, and dovetail too nicely with a world that is trying very hard to reduce it's environmental footprint.

Edited by winterwheel
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Camenbert said:

Because they were loud too? because of the drivers?
what happen since, aren't they everywhere? No doubt EUCs will have same future ;)

In fact the title is misleading, I see 2 community : who see EUCs as a Sport, who see EUCs as the future of clean transportation.
The fears and expectations are well different for both community.

Absolutely... 2 different ways EUCs are going to establish themselves. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, winterwheel said:

I agree with the car metaphor; no matter what this community or that does, the long term prognosis for wheels is that they will be everywhere. Wheels are just too useful, and dovetail too nicely with a world that is trying very hard to reduce it's environmental footprint.

They are the future, no doubt. But we, as pioneers, are going to have quite a few obstacles until EUCs get there 😁

• Like 3

June 12, 2021

Ewheels response to alleycat race.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. Our inbox has been blowing up today with this. Very frustrating. We just posted on YouTube:

While we did sponsor a "race video" with evX, we do not request editorial control or censor the content creator. We did not personally vet this content, and do not condone, encourage, or support unsafe riding.

Thank you,

William

• Like 3

Why keep posting about eScooter Kills on EUC forum, do you really want people to make no differences?
There is an old say "Be careful of what you ask, because you might get it"

There have also been a hit & go last week in Paris, a young women die. The 2 men on a (rental I guess) escooter have just been arrested.
200kg of body on poor escooter maneuverability, with no respect to the device as not owned, and maybe drunk, what could go wrong?
I am sorry to say, but such death well happen every week.

The problem is the rental scheme, you can have never ride a scooter, you can have no knowledge of the device or respect for it, you can be 2 on one, you can be drunk as hell, you'll still find a escooter at the corner of the street begging "take me for a ride".
NONE of this apply to EUCs.

It's amazing to see the politics (still) making a difference, but not some of the EUC "community"
"Incredibly bad look for this community" apply for this other extreme too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Camenbert said:

Why keep posting about eScooter Kills on EUC forum, do you really want people to make no differences?

I agree with you. I suppose one small value is to re-emphasize the notion that EUCs are not Scooters. Say it with me, EUCs are not Scooters.  All together now, EUCs are not Scooters:)

• Like 1

Probably because until EUC become more common, it is inevitable that any law applied to escooters will more than likely apply to EUC as well. 

You only have to see the legal history of cars, motorbikes, bikes. 

And also how laws applied to escooters currently around the world that also affect EUC.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Treatz said:

It’s time for moderators to step in, please.  There has to be something against trolling on this forum.

If this guy can’t see the connection between escooters and euc’s, just like he can’t see the difference between criticism and bullying, then he’s not here to have a sincere conversation. At this stage, it’s starting to appear as gaslighting. 

He barges in here calling us bullies because he disagrees with us. Then he prances in here with his “repeat after me” nonsense…in bold…3 annoying times. 

this thread is about concern for other people’s safety—yet he’s tried to make it about everything else. Just read his comments throughout this thread. This forum member clearly won’t let the conversation be about that.

He can’t comprehend that the public and lawmakers and law enforcement see no meaningful distinction between euc’s and e-scooters, but he makes it our problem.

Well said.

How on earth can anyone who condones the Alleycat race and blindly refuse to see the connection between Escooters and EUC's be taken seriously?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Treatz said:

He can’t comprehend that the public and lawmakers and law enforcement see no meaningful distinction between euc’s and e-scooters, but he makes it our problem.

I am sorry to see you fell annoyed by this conversation
If you read me correctly, it's not escooter vs EUCs, but rental scheme against owning, EUCs have no and never will have rental scheme.

The question seems legit about security, why posting about all the excess of this scheme?
Do you really want to associate EUCs to that?

Maintaining the confusion is Incredibly bad look for this community, you cannot remove that.

• Like 2

"

He can’t comprehend that the public and lawmakers and law enforcement see no meaningful distinction between euc’s and e-scooters, but he makes it our problem." Treatz

I am sorry to see you fell annoyed by this conversation
If you read me correctly, it's not escooter vs EUCs, but rental scheme against owning, EUCs have no and never will have rental scheme.

The question seems legit about security, why posting about all the excess of this scheme?
Do you really want to associate EUCs to that?

Maintaining the confusion is Incredibly bad look for this community, you cannot remove that.

Likewise, I am sorry to see that you claim that a comment clearly made to Winterwheel was said to you.

But please, do continue to speak to people in a passive-aggressive tone on this forum as you lecture them about not reading you correctly.  

P.s. on a related topic: if there are any rakes about, try not to step on them and smack yourself in the forehead.

-------------------

To everyone else, this is exactly the kind of games that have been the pattern of Camenbert and Winterwheel. At this point, I do wonder if they are a single person with 2 accounts or just a highly coordinated ping pong team--as the rest of us get bounced back and forth.

We are getting gaslit.  It only took me 17 pages to realize it.  They aren't serious.

This topic is simple: incredibly bad look for the community.  Camenbert/Winterwheel could just say whether they think consideration for the safety of others matters: yes or no.  That's all. Everything else was just about trying to win at any cost, even if it means making public and, say it with me, *unfounded* accusations.

I've asked Winterwheel to back up his very disturbing claims that there was bullying, or to apologize. He's done neither, and yet he still pops off as if we forgot he falsely accused the members of this community because we dared to not hold his views. 

Remember when the rest of us abusers, haters and bullies tried to politely end the thread and move on......?

Who was it that wanted to keep it going?  Take 2 guesses.  Why is this even allowed?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kekafuch said:

In the topic of public opinion and future safety regulations, these are in the same category.

The point I was trying to make is that it is up to us to help the public draw the distinction between the two. If we don't do it, surely nobody else will. When we start citing accidents and whatnot for scooters as if they were equally applicable to us, then we're failing in that and yes, we'll end up suffering the consequences that arise from bad scooter behaviour.

• Like 2

IP addresses should address your questioning

Does the safety of others matters: YES!
Do we have rights to insult Evx or who ever from "this community": NO!
Can we mix apple and orange* to force you felling guilty: NO!
Who's more hatable burnt head or moralist? Good Question.

*car and motorcycles are rules by the same book, wrote by the same legislator, yet no one confuse them, no one to blame about the other, and none feel from the same community (I have yet to see a forum egal about both)

In my time when someone didn't like a movie, he wasn't doing it's promotion. Nowaday it's the opposite, dont ask me why!
That's all.

Edited by Camenbert
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

The topic was simple: a specific video represented an incredibly bad look for the community.

I most definitely disagree with that.

If you genuinely can't see how the video in question represents a bad look for the EUC community then I'd suggest you probably shouldn't be riding any vehicle whether is has 1, 2, or 4 wheels.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

The topic was simple: a specific video represented an incredibly bad look for the community.

I most definitely disagree with that.

Wrong, the poster even clarified. This thread about the specific behavior in that specific video. You know, where a kid almost got run over...and the other things that the rest of us have clearly stated was our concern (despite your attempts to make it about everything other than that).

It's clear, you condone that type of riding, others do not. Let's move on without you accusing people of being a bully. Reasonable enough, or do you have to argue with even that as well?

• Like 2