Any riders out there in Dubai?

NickDubai

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2022 at 11:14 PM, gena said:

Is it legal to ride eucs in Dubai and the UAE? are there good cycle infrastructures?

I have the same question. It seems to me that Dubai is a great city for the car users, but not sure about cyclists and pedestrians

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 12:01 PM, Debbiere said:

I have the same question. It seems to me that Dubai is a great city for the car users, but not sure about cyclists and pedestrians

To answer your and @gena's question, Dubai is an amazing city in general, the main areas it lacks in terms of infrastructure is mostly cycle and pedestrian routes unless you live in a neighborhood. Dubai really is a car dependent city unfortunately, but the government is currently funding tons of money for pedestrian and cycle routes that isn't just in a small, confined neighborhood.

If you live in Dubai and are thinking of getting an EUC if you can't or don't want to get a car and your work or office is anywhere near Sheikh Zayed Road, it will certainly be a challenge.

Fortunately, we have a website called CyclingTracks.ae (It has an ios and android version) will show you all the cycling routes and regular cycling lanes in most of the UAE, If you ever do come here or already live here and want to put your euc to the test, go to Al Quadra cycle track, it's 82km of flat cycling space, if you want to test a wheels range or top speed :)

Last thing, Dubai is a pretty weak city in terms of euc popularity, if you want to do semi-occasional group rides. I'm pretty sure abu dhabi has a semi-active community but you'd need a fast wheel to keep up

That's all, I hope this helped you in some way 

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/17/2023 at 2:45 PM, Ivan Stan said:

I am in marina, ride all over the city

we might have to do a group-ride together with some of those abu-dhabi boys, but they would leave us both in the dust.

just wondering, where'd you get your v10 from, was it someone in the city? or did you buy it from like ali-express?