What are they thinking?

CarlW

If people want to forgo reasonable safety measures when riding an EUC then that is their decision and likely only effects their health and safety.  Go to 13.05 of this video and check out this insane parenting footage.  Maybe every other person that buys an EUC should not make how too videos on the subject.

• Like 2

Too many absolutes and I don't think he knows what "literally", literally means. Lots of good and bad information as usual on the internet. He means well and thats a lot of effort for a video for sure. Extremely biased to the point he's ignoring a LOT of details and its not a very balanced view. As usual, absorb some and ignore some. Lots of good info in there, may as well just comb thru and ignore what seems insanity.

As for safety. well, to each their own. Their kids, their property and if a good rider, probably less dangerous and OBVIOUSLY less fatal than 'bad' parenting that involves automobile transport. I've no kids and the world is overpopulated. Put that 3 year old on a Sherman in NYC, all good! Did you not make it to 17:05minutes in? It's 15 seconds before his safety disclaimer, but after he's barefoot in the bathroom.:laughbounce2:

Edited by ShanesPlanet

I look at it this way. Variety is good, lots of people do things that I disagree with, BUT with some of that I am provoked to ask if perhaps they have a better way or an alternative way. Often it is just a different way that works for them. This is something I have found useful over the course of my life for reigning in the judgmental impulse, asking if it works for them. If it is working for them and it isn't hurting someone else in any significant way then c'est la vie. B)

• Like 1

I've always felt that adults are responsible for their own safety and if they want to take risks etc. then it's on them.  Children however rely on adults to keep them safe and while I don't advocate wrapping children in cotton wool this video certainly displayed some things that made me uncomfortable as a parent.  Head injuries are the worse so a helmet seems like the minimum thing I'd like to see kids wearing.  A broken arm or leg will heal but not so much brain damage.

• Like 2