A recent reply from a Manufacturer in China after questioning them about the RCM: 

Hi, Josh,
It will just be a symbol of no significance printed on the charger/scooter. We ship the items by Australia special line, ship door to door, it's safe.

I have not seen anything about the 8" model VOVO Hoverboards or other branded 8" Hoverboards.. It just seams to be all the 6.5" Hoverboards with problems.

I highly recommend following all safety precautions when charging any of the 8" Hoverboards for peace of mind.

• Never leave it on Charge for more then the specified time limit (being 1-2 hours maximum).
  • Never go out leaving it on charge even if you may return home within the specified time limit.
  • When the light changes in the Charger from Red to Green immediately Turn off the Charger then unplug from Hoverboard.
  • Always keep an eye on it when charging or charge it outside in a Open Space away from any sources of ignition.
  • Lithium-ion Batteries should never be over charged as it will most likely damage the internal circuits

@Josh, Sorry but I need your help again! The box and packing slip got thrown out with all the Xmas day wrapping. How did you package the board when you sent it? Would the Post Office supply packaging? Also, do you remember the exact address to send it to? Paypal are requesting a tracking number asap. I assume I will pay up front for postage and be refunded via Paypal later. Thanks!

Hi @maddy no need to be sorry. Glad to help. I still had the box when I returned mine but I did return another one for a friend who also didn't have the box. 

I went and purchased two of the A3 Postpak Padded Bags from Auspost. As pictured below. Slid one over one side of hoverboard and same with the other side then wrap it up with tape to bring it down to the size over the Hoverboard. Then attached a Prepaid Click and Send Postage Slip. (are you also in Australia?)

Return address:

Tradeworks International

Level 2, 285 Coward St, Mascot, NSW 2020

If you have signed up for Click and Send online with Auspost remember to print the Packing Slip, Tax Invoice and the Receipt which can all be printed from Click and Send.

I have added some attachments below of the Click and Send layout.

postpak.png

maddy1.PNG

maddy3.PNG

maddy2.PNG

maddy3.PNG

maddy4.PNG

maddy5.PNG

@maddy Postage price will be different depending on your Location. 

You need to print off all documents from Click and Send for proof

Now to receive your refund for return shipping cost (its rather time consuming)

Then you need to go to the Paypal website and Click Activate Now (see picture below)

After click Activate Then you need to go to https://www.paypal-returns.com/hc/en-au/requests/new

Using the link above will take you to Telus International Europe who are partnered with Paypal and explain why your returning the item (being its either defective / counterfeit)

Then scan and upload all relevant documents you received from Click and Send to Telus International Europe

maddy6.PNG

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I always shopping in ebay and saw this company selling hoverboard, is this a china copy counterfeit? the picture seem like VOVO version and the seller also from malaysia.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Two-Wheel-Black-Bluetooth-Smart-Self-Balancing-Electric-Scooter-Glide-Hoverboard-/252763712288?hash=item3ad9e42b20:g:aC8AAOSw32lYwrAi

Please check for me before I buy counterfeit version.

Archived