Impact on ninebot one

Kwing

I just wonder.. I know ninebot is very nicely designed everything seems very well built etc.. but exaclty how much of an impact it can withstand? By this I mean how many times us beginners can drop the device from falling off before we start to see the device from breaking? Any experiences?  I mean the motherboard is literally  inside one of the  padded inserts. To me that seems quite fragile ...

When I first started riding mine, I was in a laneway, and had some speed up, then felt unbalanced, jumped off and it ran square on into a brick wall.

I gingerly picked it up and it was fine apart from a small scuff mark.

I think that they have done a great job on the casing, making it very flexible so that hits are absorbed by the unit. I've had it knocked around a bit and have had no issues at all. I look on the few scratches on the case as "riding experience" there is no way one can learn to ride a EUC without marking them up a bit.

I've subjected mine to a *lot* of abuse. My standard procedure when losing control is to simply jump off the thing and let the Ninebot fall on its side (usual), career off into a wall (a couple of times) or other obstacle. I've got scratches over the plastic and the side padding seems to have a superficial crack. It rides just fine though.... I've been impressed by how it continues to accept my abuse.

The body of the NineBot is Lexan.  Lexan is SUPER strong.  It Can break, but the conditions need to be just right.  It's the material used for Nascar Windshields because it can hold out debris coming at 200 mph.  I used to use it in my Sign Shop because we never got called back for a broken lighted sign when we used it.  It is more expensive than other plastics, but worth it.

The electronics are obviously another issue, but I've seen MANY videos of these things FLYING, and they get back on and ride.  Again, the right conditions, and anything will break.

Yea the body I am not so worried about as we can always replace but the motherboard is only embedded inside the cushion pad which to me is quite exposed to impact.. 

Obviously there's no comparison but I started off learning with the tg.  After lots of crashes and spinning to bricks walls etc.. you can see  screws start coming loose and hear something is rattling inside.

7 hours ago, glorat said:

I've subjected mine to a *lot* of abuse. My standard procedure when losing control is to simply jump off the thing and let the Ninebot fall on its side (usual), career off into a wall (a couple of times) or other obstacle. I've got scratches over the plastic and the side padding seems to have a superficial crack. It rides just fine though.... I've been impressed by how it continues to accept my abuse.

Glorat your led  lights working OK?

I also have the TG, and it is also very durable.  But I find it amazing that these things take the beatings they do.  Watching the videos of them crashing, and even on a ride this weekend, someone's went bouncing down a hill.  He got right back on and it suffered only minor scuffs.

I think the durability these are giving is going beyond what should be Expected.  I don't know of many other consumer items with the weight of these that you could throw at a brick wall and expect it to survive.  Let alone a device with Sensitive Electronics inside!  Try it with your Camera, Phone, DVD Player, Car Stereo, etc...  Even throw a Bicycle around like these and see the outcome.

I think durability is up to par so far on the Unicycles with most of the Major Manufacturers.  Now, if they'll get more Safety Systems built in, that would be a major accomplishment.

19 minutes ago, Kwing said:

Absolutely right super!! Did you mention somewhere about your ninebot had suddenly shut down?

Not mine.  It has so far been flawless in operation.

EDIT:  BUT, it has never taken a hard crash.

Hi Kwing, no no padding on it just riding it "au naturale".

For the first month I had it well padded, but then decided that maybe without the padding I'll relax on it more as it already had a few scratches on it. I was right, I relaxed more and didnt worry if it crashed, but funnily, Ive crashed a lot less since takiing it off than when it was on....maybe experience on it has made the difference..

i think it looks a lot better without all the padding on it too....and lets face it we can just order replacement parts for it if it gets too ugly, and then its like new again.

Archived