Gotway Msuper 18 inch High Speed Latest Review: April 2015

marc

@zlymex thanks for the followup on that.   The graph is great!  And it clearly shows the pitiful performance of the supposed 5A chargers you received. 

Did you happen to open up one of the chargers to see if it could be re-calibrated for the correct voltage/current?  I've been considering buying one of the cheap 67.2 V 5 A chargers and opening it up to recalibrate it for the 63V that a Ninebot uses.  I've seen a picture of the inside of one and there are multi-turn potentiometers that would be most likely used for the calibration of both current and voltage.  

Here is an example of a cheap charger I am considering: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Quality-Electric-Bicycle-Scooter-Motorcycle-Charger-16S-60V-67-2V-CV-5Amp-Li-ion-LiPoly/1960214540.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.19.OoHRNk&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_9_79_78_77_91_80,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_9

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2015/12/9 at 0:03 AM, Cranium said:

@zlymex thanks for the followup on that.   The graph is great!  And it clearly shows the pitiful performance of the supposed 5A chargers you received. 

Did you happen to open up one of the chargers to see if it could be re-calibrated for the correct voltage/current?  I've been considering buying one of the cheap 67.2 V 5 A chargers and opening it up to recalibrate it for the 63V that a Ninebot uses.  I've seen a picture of the inside of one and there are multi-turn potentiometers that would be most likely used for the calibration of both current and voltage.  

Here is an example of a cheap charger I am considering: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Quality-Electric-Bicycle-Scooter-Motorcycle-Charger-16S-60V-67-2V-CV-5Amp-Li-ion-LiPoly/1960214540.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.19.OoHRNk&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_9_79_78_77_91_80,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_9

I did not open it up because I have to return it. I did open other 2A chargers and there are no potentiometer of any kind. I actually modified one of my 67.2V 2A charger for switchable output to 58.8V by inserting/modifying one of the voltage sample resistors. 

The referred 5A charger is similar with the one I newly bought but 5A could be too large for 9bot1 and you need to modify the output current as well.

@Cranium

I happened to get 2 pics of a 5A charger very similar to the one you mentioned. There are three pots that can be seen from the internal photo.

• 1 year later...
On 06/15/2015 at 1:26 PM, Shady Tools said:

My beeps set in at around about 16/17mph but I requested them to be changed to 35, 37 & 39kph

When I did the lift test, they all sounded quite similar all the way up to cut off point (I guess that could have been fast acceleration) so I just ease off when I hear them. It's usually saying around 31 - 33kph on the app when they start.

It only got into the high 30's before cutting out during the lift test though.

Screenshot_2015-06-15-12-01-57.png

I Bought a barely used (less than one kilometer) msuper, 18 I have the code on the wheel could I use it to check what type it is? I get a vibration  when I accelerate at <10kmh it isn't wobbly though it's really as if the wheel was vibrating a little I saw that axles on those models could wear out in a year or so, it was well pumped a while ago

On 4/19/2015 at 7:41 AM, ^tom^ said:

There was a vibaration problem too from a indian guy at Facebook.

I do not have acess there and also do not know the solution (if any)

that toothpick test is cool...

Archived