King Song 14" 840wh w/ 800w, first EUC owner

adhermes

So I just finished day four of my first ever EUC riding. I thought it might be helpful for new beginners to see what my experience was like. This has been quite a journey! So first, about the hardware: king song ewheel.com exclusive 800w 840wh 14" model with all the new features, thanks to Jason Mcneil! I received it in one business day on December 31st. It shipped from Florida and I live in Phoenix. 

In the box is the standard stuff, but no wrist guards. Also, this new model with 840wh battery does NOT have the USB charging port even though the manual says that it does. I can't seem to get the Bluetooth speakers to work, so I wonder if this feature was left off of this model as well. I can connect to the app but not play any music. I'm using an iPhone 6S Plus. Also, if you've never owned one of these before (which I haven't- this is my first one), this unit is heavy! I'm not actually sure exactly how heavy but definitely 30 pounds. I would recommend that a beginner start with a lighter unit. The weight, coupled with my inability to ride or balance it, made for a very steep learning curve. Aesthetically it doesn't compare to something like the IPS zero or ninebot, but man is it solid and feels like high quality. In four short days I have managed to mangle the holy heck out of it, but I've already made peace with that. 

So on to my learning experience. Let me start off by saying that I'm 28 and about 160lbs, 6' tall with no experience and relatively out of shape. This machine was HARD to learn! Both my friend and I were so discouraged after two days of practice that I almost gave up, which wasn't really an option when you consider how expensive this unit was. Let's go by days:

Day 1- mostly riding around inside with my hands on either side of a hallway. Couldn't go two feet without crashing and leaving black tire marks all over the carpet. I would suggest not riding inside especially on carpet. Played around for about 3 hours total this day and never went outside.

Day 2- tried to go outside for the first time with the help of my friend. I held onto his arm and tried to learn my balance. Any time I let go of his hand I would immediately crash. Did this for about 2.5 hours with little success.

Day 3- this day I decided to try on my own and was mounting using my hand on my garage door as support. Felt comfortable going forwards and backwards while keeping my hand on the wall. My driveway is small though so after I would let go I would have a very small area in which to ride before I hit a wall, car, or bush. Made very little progress so I tried going out into the street. Was able to ride maybe 10' before falling. I had a safety belt on this entire time as well, so it was physically exhausting falling so many times and having to essentially lift the unit so that it didn't go spinning out of control. I had to give up due to exhaustion. Note that the pedals hit my legs in multiple places and I have many nasty bruises from this day.

Day 4- this was today and boy let me tell you did it feel good. I decided to go to a park with my friends and my dad. The park had huge flat grass fields which was ideal for me to learn on for a few reasons: 1, I didn't have to wear the safety strap which was a huge plus. 2, when I crashed I could simply walk off and not worry about too much damage to the unit, and 3, when I crashed it hurt a lot less. Today I was able to learn to ride and successfully mounted on my own and rode for 600' without falling off. It felt so good! I finally found some semblance of balance and not having obstacles in my way was the biggest help. I'm now trying to learn to turn which is hard but I'm getting the hang of it.

So, I thought I would share some tips that helped me and might help you too.

1. Wear safety gear! I wore a helmet, wrist guards, knee pads, elbow pads, and then I took two full sized towels, folded them and wrapped them around my legs, taped them together at the seams, and put stretchy pajama pants on over this. Yes I looked ridiculous but I avoided all further injuries from the unit spinning and clipping my legs. Also, the towels are somewhat heavy so it doubled as strength training for your legs. I've found that I'm working out muscles I never knew I had and each day these muscles are becoming stronger, helping me to get better. But PLEASE wear wrist guards. I would have had some nasty scrapes if it wasn't for those.

2. Don't try to learn in small places. The house, hallways, driveways, and small crowded streets are all terrible places to learn. You can't get a sense of how to ride without being able to careen off in any direction for a long time. This was the biggest help in my learning.

3. Having a friend hold your hand is OK but it's better to practice mounting yourself, as this is the hardest part. I would mount and dismount dozens of times to try to get the feel for it. Along with this, if your foot isn't in the right position simply dismount and try again. Foot placement is key and when you're learning you won't be able to adjust your feet while riding.

4. When you fall, roll with the fall to minimize injury.

5. If you don't want a scratched unit, buy some cheap yoga mats and pad the heck out of it. Also, buy some sidewalk or skateboard grip tape to put on the pedals.

most importantly don't give up!!! I truly didn't think I could learn this but after today I feel much more confident. Just keep at it, accept that you WILL crash, and be confident in your wheel. Confidence and relaxing is huge. 

I havent had a chance to take any video yet but hopefully I can soon. If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

1. Speakers should work. You need to find the device called Kingsong in your bloototh menu and connect. Press the bluetooth bottun on the wheel once and hokd and then press again momentarily until the device say "power on" then connect rhoguh the phone bluetooth menu until the wheel says " the device is connected"

2. Usb port is actually there on the control board but kingsong covered the hole in the casing for waterproofing purposes. Supposedly you coukd cut it out if you need usb port. Before doing that id open the side cover and connect into the port just to make sure it works

3 to learn faster remember to always push your limits. Never practice in a confined space. Learn to jump off the wheel if needed and practice going on your own

4  dont worry about learning to get on the wheel without holding on to something. Better practice the riding itself. Getting onto the wheel will come to you

5 please put grip tape on the pedals - its not an option , this has to be done. Kingsong pedals are slippery especially in the rain,

6 i myself learned for the first time riding the euc on the same kingsong model so i went the whole way. If you have any questions, ill be happy to answer

Archived