How Long Did it Take You?

IronGoos3

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, yoos said:

I noticed that it is much easier to turn your head if you deliberately compensate the move by turning some other body part in the opposite direction.

Spot on! I tend to drop my opposite shoulder and twist it a bit opposite of the direction of looking. I never really thought about it until you said something. Yup, I recall in the beginning that it took a conscious effort to look behind me and roll straight. Kind of the same feeling on a bike too. If you look really deep over a shoulder, you feel as if you're pushing the other way to keep it straight.

2 hours ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

For me or was about 2 weeks to feel comfortable enough to go out on the roads as star riding over 20kms/ day. 

My average now is a little over 30km/day. Work got a bit harder now so I'm not riding every day. 

Breaking was the easiest thing for me and mounting the hardest. I do emergency breaks quite well and have avoided some scary stuff along the way. 

Dogs running after me don't scare me

I love carving and I'm always doing it. Straight lines are just not my thing. 

Music is a must!!! 

I do a lot of exercises along my mixed rides, like climbing low sidewalks, going on dirt paths with holes, curving 360º as tight as I can in manholes, slaloms on the dotted lines in the middle of the road, etc. 

Anything that doesn't make me get bored. That includes falling hard on occasions and riding home dripping blood and bruised all over. Lots of fun there..., 😏😏😏😏

All in all, it's an adventure I just love and as long as my aging body allows it... I'll be riding EUCs... 

@ShanesPlanet has shown me a lot of light on this new hobby... 😂😂😂😂

Sounds like you already got me beat and Im glad to hear it! I agree, Music is awesome! Local band, shit mp3 thru a wheel, no matter. Music is glorious! Careful of the light I shine, its actually radioactive and a total trap. I'd let you in on my end goal, but then it may not work... muwahaha

• Like 2

On 5/23/2021 at 12:07 AM, Roadpower said:

Probably about two years due to some critical mistakes on my part when starting out such as wrong wheel choices and not taking on the learning of the core skill of mounting dismounting. Then again I'm pretty critical of most things including myself until I see proofs fully fleshed out. Choice of wheel is a huge starting factor, the right size and weight can make or break your starting experiences.

Hello,

Out of curiosity, what was your first choice? And why did you think it was the wrong wheel? And of course, which one did you get then? And why?