WARNING!!! Recent Spate of Cracked/Faulty Rims including the New Wider Rim!

fbhb

I have both a v1 and v2. There is a subtle difference, but it wasnt much. I didnt bother getting out the scales and stripping the old tire off. I also didnt bother getting out the caliper and hole guages, to take a crap ton of measurements. I COULD still do it, but I just don't see the point. Casting quality and material quality seemed identical imho. Its also not a good idea to tear shit apart, more than you really have to. At the end of the day, we are merely at the mercy of what parts they have for us. Until someone comes up with an aftermarket variant, whats the choice? I have read reports of new and old version rims breaking in a myriad of ways. High pressure, low pressure, rocks, high speed, its just so varied and inconsistent. THIS inconsistency pretty much IS consistent with eucs as we know it. I am keeping my v1 rim, as I am not convinced I could place a wager that the v2 is better. Its kind of one of those.. "is it broke or aint it?" If it was an inherent design flaw, wouldnt we see a ton of these breaking all the time? Again, I find little consistency. Are we REALLY surprised? Me, Im gna ride it and if it breaks, I'll put the V1 back on. If THAT breaks, I"ll order anew and put the entire machine on the market. Unless a superior alternative arrives and I feel its worth it. Honestly, I think the factory price should include a rim that doesnt need upgraded, merely for durability sake. So far, MY machine did come with a useable rim from factory. Only time will tell, as 500 sissy miles aint much testing.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Upvote 1

Copying the link to this New thread here, as it's entirely related to the rim issues:Ā 

Ā 

Edited by fbhb

I also had bent and cracked rim after riding two cycles of the battery.

It hit rock, but in my opinion that hit wasn't that bad because rookie rider like me easily kept balance after that.

eeRsY3r.jpg

LUuf84U.jpg

Edited by meepmeepmayer
image links fixed, just paste the direct links without [img] tags :-)
  • Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 4:31 PM, Akayttaja said:

I also had bent and cracked rim after riding two cycles of the battery.

It hit rock, but in my opinion that hit wasn't that bad because rookie rider like me easily kept balance after that.

eeRsY3r.jpg

LUuf84U.jpg

To add more information to the post:

This is sherman max rim, stock pressure that it came from the factory. It definitely wasn't low. As I couldn't squeeze it even a little bit with fingers.

Edit: I deflated tire for inspection And inflated it again. At 40 psi it starts to rub a little bit. So I'll assume that the pressure was more than 40psi. I deflated tire enough so that I can ride it until new rim arrives.

I rode from rock and landed to other rock. It's not like it cracked itself. But I still think it shouldn't have cracked that easily.

Edited by Akayttaja
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Akayttaja said:

It definitely wasn't low. As I couldn't squeeze it even a little bit with fingers.

That can happen even with very low tire pressure. You only really see that the pressure is too low when you stand on the wheel and someone else sees that the tire is flat/squished.

• Upvote 1