[SOLD] Brand New 12" IPS A130 $375 obo NY/NJ Area

alexbot

Brand New in box 12' IPS unicycle. Bought 2 of these, but my gf never cared to try hers. Best for lighter riders or kids (I would say no one over 200lbs) . I love this unit because of the light weight ~8.5kg and maneuverability. There are a few videos online that have pretty good overviews of this bad boy. 

NY/NJ (tri-state) area

I am so desperate and so tempted as my wheels are broken right now and i am dying to have a ride, and i am in nyc, but i will have to stay away from this as i am over 200lbs! sounds like a great wheel though and perfect for lighter person and short trips, light, compact and reliable.

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

I am so desperate and so tempted as my wheels are broken right now and i am dying to have a ride, and i am in nyc, but i will have to stay away from this as i am over 200lbs! sounds like a great wheel though and perfect for lighter person and short trips, light, compact and reliable.

yea not sure why they recommend it for lightweight riders as the motor is plenty powerful (specs wise) when comparing to generic wheels that dont have weight limits. 

Sorry to hear that you're out of commission. It seems like we have a while to go before EUCs become truly practical and reliable.

22 minutes ago, alexbot said:

yea not sure why they recommend it for lightweight riders as the motor is plenty powerful (specs wise) when comparing to generic wheels that dont have weight limits. 

Sorry to hear that you're out of commission. It seems like we have a while to go before EUCs become truly practical and reliable.

Well if you think i may be ok on it ( i am about 225 lbs) and you are local to nyc and can let me test it out, i will be glad to. I am so desoerate, i just might pull the trigger. Maybe i could use it as a travel wheel to take on a plane.  Let me know.  Thanks

3 hours ago, Cloud said:

Well if you think i may be ok on it ( i am about 225 lbs) and you are local to nyc and can let me test it out, i will be glad to. I am so desoerate, i just might pull the trigger. Maybe i could use it as a travel wheel to take on a plane.  Let me know.  Thanks

While im sure it could work, especially as a secondary wheel, im reluctant to put my money where my mouth is so to speak. i just dont want it to break during testing something it may or may not be designed to do. 

1 minute ago, alexbot said:

While im sure it could work, especially as a secondary wheel, im reluctant to put my money where my mouth is so to speak. i just dont want it to break during testing something it may or may not be designed to do. 

All right, if you are not sure the wheel is designed to carry a person of my weight, then its probably a sign for me to look for something more powerful. Thanks

7 minutes ago, Cloud said:

All right, if you are not sure the wheel is designed to carry a person of my weight, then its probably a sign for me to look for something more powerful. Thanks

Yea no problem. If you have a history of breaking wheels, I would definitely suggest going with something guaranteed to handle the weight. 

Sorry about having to wait on broken wheels. I feel like every euc rider has some sort of quality based sob story 

Yeah everyone does seem to have a story like that.

my first wheel broke for unknown reasons, may not have been the weight.

the other one didnt really break, it had minor vibrations at high speeds from the beginning, nothing to do with the weight, so its being checked out by the distributor right now.

but, in any case, you are right, its better to have something more powerful

@Cloud - I confirm that this wheel is too small and weak for you. Although I like the A130 very much and enjoy it (see my review here http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/666-ips-a130/?do=findComment&comment=21972) - it is definitely not powerful enough even for my 165 pounds, and serves only as a secondary "toy-wheel". 

Yes i know, but if i get msuper it will probably be the new design and also i want to make sure they have the confirmed tiltback. Also i shouldnt relly buy before the winter is over.  I hooe to have both of my wheels fixed soon, so it wouldnt be wise to buy another one right now :) i need to use comon sense, however little of it is left by now :) 

Iv'e had the A130 for about 6 months and it is a good wheel for the price.I'm six feet tall and weigh 200 lbs. and it seems to handle my weight just fine.It definitely helps to keep the tire @ around 50 psi though.I use it has my "travel" wheel so it spends most of the time in my truck.Its great to whip it out for a quick stroll through Home depot or the grocery store and you can either ride it pushing the cart up and down the aisles or stow it in the cart while u shop.It's also great to have when you travel someplace with a big parking lot or parking structure and are half a mile from wherever.You also can get a new one for under $300 shipped.I got mine including shipping for $269.  

16 hours ago, trya said:

@Cloud - I confirm that this wheel is too small and weak for you. Although I like the A130 very much and enjoy it (see my review here http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/666-ips-a130/?do=findComment&comment=21972) - it is definitely not powerful enough even for my 165 pounds, and serves only as a secondary "toy-wheel". 

Im about your size, I find the acceleration to feel quite speedy for the size, but agree that up steep inclines it feels like it could use some power. 

I feel so much better this morning as Jason mcNeil told me that my wheel which he was checking out due to some minor vibrations is on its way back to me and i should receive this thursday. I was going so crazy without a ride that i was apparently trying to compensate by looking at other wheels. Yes, clearly ips 130 wouldnt be the best choice, even though i am still intrigued by an idea of a smaller travel wheel that can handle my weight.

3 hours ago, alexbot said:

Im about your size, I find the acceleration to feel quite speedy for the size, but agree that up steep inclines it feels like it could use some power. 

agree. I have no issues with using A130 for regular street rides (except of the low range due to small battery). It lacks power for more extreme cases: hills and tricks, which may require more load on a wheel. Even when I do idling (pendulum) - I have to be careful not to over-lean.

27 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Which one would be more powerful? The IPS A130 or the Gotway MTen?

According to gotway's spec sheet, the mten is 350w. I have seen the a130 advertised as low as 450w and as high as 650w depending on the seller. I think 450-500 is accurate. 

nobody knows how they rate the motor, but my subjective feeling is that A130 is not 450W as advertised. I just compared the power of this wheel with a 500W Gotway mcm2s - there is no comparison, mcm2 has a lot more power. The difference may come from the battery too (mcm2 is with 340wh), but who cares about the ratings and other specifications, the ultimate result is what power you actually get from the wheel when you ride it.

• 1 month later...

Archived