Pedal Covering

DangerousDick

Now I'm pretty sure (who's he trying to kid!) it isn't going to last too long, but I'm bored today, it's been raining consistently since last night and it's cold.

I had some of this 'carbon effect' vinyl which was too narrow for the inner shells but my pedals were looking a lot 'worse for wear' so I thought I'd give it a go ;)

Looks great for now but I'm positive it'll be scratched off in no time?  May be add some of that foam trim, which came with the bot, just around the edges??

Only trouble is, now I've done one side I've got to do the other or it'll really look silly :P

IMG_20160103_134958.jpg

Looks FANTASTIC!  I'll be following your footsteps on this I believe. You could add the trim I'm using on mine.  I've dragged it a LOT, and it's still holding strong.  This is also carbon fiber and would look good with the carbon vinyl. 565f85ffd1cc1_CarbonFiberFull.jpg.9ad875

Shame you only really get the benefit when you're being run-over, or around the outside of a loop-de-loop (not got around to practicing that last one just yet!)

17 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Looks FANTASTIC!  I'll be following your footsteps on this I believe. You could add the trim I'm using on mine.

That's what it needs - a couple of 'dabs' of that stuck to the 'tips' :) either that, or I just ride indoors from now on.  Think I'm in danger of making it too nice to take it outside and risk crashing again :wacko:

IMG_20160103_142515.jpg

I noticed that only the tips would rub while doing tight turns, that is UNTIL I updated to 1.3.5. Now, it scrapes along the full length of the pedal.  This trim protects the pedal, and is easily replaced when needed. 

1 hour ago, SuperSport said:

I noticed that only the tips would rub while doing tight turns, that is UNTIL I updated to 1.3.5. Now, it scrapes along the full length of the pedal.  This trim protects the pedal, and is easily replaced when needed. 

Which is actually better and easier for tight turn, the pedal tilted down to the front and scraping the corner, or leveled and scraping the whole edge? LOL

I definitely will buy that trim. 

8 minutes ago, Vanquiz said:

Which is actually better and easier for tight turn, the pedal tilted down to the front and scraping the corner, or leveled and scraping the whole edge? LOL

Not sure yet. Will know later today. I'm currently sitting at Starbucks at fisherman wharf in San Francisco. Going to ride around the city with some forum members. 

43 minutes ago, Skylightica said:

@SuperSport

Do you still have the packaging for that trim?

Here is the link to what I used. They also have chrome and black for cheaper.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/AVD0/S37200/N0546.oap?ck=Search_body+molding_N0546_-1_2577&keyword=body+molding&pt=N0546&ppt=C0065

21 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Not sure yet. Will know later today. I'm currently sitting at Starbucks at fisherman wharf in San Francisco. Going to ride around the city with some forum members. 

Here is the link to what I used. They also have chrome and black for cheaper.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/AVD0/S37200/N0546.oap?ck=Search_body+molding_N0546_-1_2577&keyword=body+molding&pt=N0546&ppt=C0065

Ahhhh, the meet up is today right, saw the post in meet up section. Can't wait for the pics and vids

7 hours ago, DangerousDick said:

I had some of this 'carbon effect' vinyl which was too narrow for the inner shells but my pedals were looking a lot 'worse for wear' so I thought I'd give it a go ;)

That looks so cool. Pity that it won't be seen when riding though!

Archived