Glidewheel reco? Firewheel vs Ninebot One

dhlee3

I am thinking about buying a glidewheel and have been comparing the Firewheel F260 and Ninebot One E.  I like that both have the more contoured sides for my legs and are pretty stylish. The big difference I can see between the two is the Ninebot One has the mobile app and the Firewheel has the headlight and brake lights. Both are cool features. 

Would love to opinions on which brand is better - and why. Thank you!!

Yikes - that is dedication. ;-) vee73 - which one of your glidewheels do you like the best?  Would you recommend another over the Firewheel F260 and Ninebot One E? Thanks!

vee73 doesn't have a Ninebot One.

Firewheel pros:

- can sustain 25km/h without pedals incline (NB1 go to 20km/h then incline the pedals to stop you from going faster)

- very silent motor thanks to sinusoidal signal control (NB1 motor is a little noisier)

- slightly cheaper even with more batteries capacity (NB1 doesn't have much battery, the cheapest, NB1E, has a very limited range).

Fireweel cons:

- can shut down without warning because the low bat detection is faulty, very dangerous if the BMS is not shunted (NB1 does not have this problem AFAIK)

- to acces electronics or batteries, you must dismount the housing (NB1 has openings under the elastomer pads hence much easier to service)

- electronics or batteries are not at all insulated, insulation is really crappy (NB1 is well protected for the reason above, the cpu board is protected by a  a thick coating

- don't expect FW to take into account your complaints, they don't care, at all (NB1 is a well known manufacturer).

- not sure FW will survive in 1, 2 years (NB1 is a well known manufacturer, did I say that before ?)

I have a FW 260, using it for everyday commute in a little town, at a mean speed of 19km/h (so most of time, I run at 25 km/h). you can't get such numbers with NB1.

It has 24km range and gives a very secure and pleasurable ride compared to an Airwheel.

If you are a good hobbyist, knowing how to solder and caulk and can repair things yourself, and you want performance, go for a FW.

Otherwise, avoid it, at any costs !

In my view, Unicycle worth buying as a big battery. All performance decreases when the battery is approximately half way between.

Many people have reported this, but I have not noticed this at all my solowheel.  I regularly ride until the end and I don't notice any change in its ability to climb hills or accelerate.  Could this be something to do with battery chemistry?  My understanding is that the voltage drop is that not that big between full and empty. 

vee73, exactly what do you notice changes when you go < 50%?

With less than a battery, the device will start to beep more easily when it is strained.

And even shut down the engine. In extreme situations.

This is exactly what we have found when climbing Lansdown, the 3 mile hill out of the City centre to return home on our IPS132'S, they are great climbers and go at full speed for most of the hill but it is very noticable as you approach the top that the beeps and pedal lift comes in at lower and lower speeds.

With less than a battery, the device will start to beep more easily when it is strained.
And even shut down the engine. In extreme situations.

This sounds bad.  Solowheel does not have this problem as far as I can tell (at least not my sw1500).

I noticed that gotway warns you not just about going to fast, but about using too much power, so when you switch direction fast (Smooth Criminal) it will beep at you to say you are straining it.  Solowheel never does this.

But Solowheel maximum speed of 15kmh. In fact pretty much the same what it does or does not do. It is too slow  :D  :D  :D
And it sounds terrifying  :blink:

Its a matter of opinion.  I never said solowheel was fast (it could be of course it just programmed for a certain speed).  I said solowheel didn't have any noticeable loss of power as the battery runs out.  

BTW, I like to ride for tricks over speed and I like to ride without any protection.  Any wheel the requires me to wear motorcylce gear, and will cut out at top speed without tilt back warning, that sounds terrifying to me :)  

If you drive a Gotway, or Rock Wheel up to 15kmh. Probably never will be no surprise. Firewheel can do so.
If I were moving Solowheel. I'll probably never putting any equipment, because it is so slow.
I canceled my pre-order in Orbit for this reason.
No, it's not for me.

I do not use these trade, or going to work. So I expect them to accelerate.
I would not buy a motorcycle with a maximum speed of 40kmh should be.
The parable.
But, we all have our own use of these products, and it is good.
But I am pleased when I get unicycle a top speed of about 80kmh and it does not shut down unexpectedly :)

Such meantime, play with these :)

Peace  :wub:

You can put a lot of strain a wheel without going fast.  For example changing direction very fast, or accelerating from 0 to 15kmh up a hill. What I'm saying is that a bad wheel will let you down even at low speeds.  Just because solowheel is slow doesn't mean its not powerful.

As an example, you can make the Gw14 beep at you (warning you that you are sucking two much power) by switching direction fast.  I'm not saying Gw14 is weak.. I'm saying that you can still push it to its limits without going fast (indeed, I think its generally understood that all the current wheels can be out-leaned like this).

Although GW 14 beeps. It still does not turn off.
But I have tested that, 40% of the pedals to settle down, if you drive a soft off-road uphill, and it tries to accelerate the really strong.

By the way ... How Solowheel behaves as if it has to run as fast as it can. I mean even faster speed :)
I never got to test drive the Solowheel. So I do not know.

Archived