$1600 Off road scooter for $80

Cloud

12 minutes ago, Zody said:

So I did two things, first I googled the name of the seller on Wish.com for the dual wheel unicycle to see if anything pops up. And behold, "sunnygirl2k" has an Ebay store. 98% rating, with a bit of negative ratings and the entire store is all wigs and a few cheap chinese knock off accessories. Not one scooter or any electric motor items at all.

Second, I thought about what you said and did a quick Wish.com search for a popular trendy item like "hoverboard". The second you type hoverboard into their search, you see a bunch of these scooters for under $100 and when you click on reviews they are all 1 star and people saying they DID ship their item but to the wrong address, and that even someone signed for it.

Sometimes we forget a quick Google-ing can help save a lot of grief! Good find!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sure hope not all of these sellers are a scam. I ordered about $200 worth of small stuff on it over the weekend.

still dont understand how they make the money by paying for the shipping. Maybe in reality these stores ship a small item to a different addresss instead of the large expensive item and pay a very small fee?

1 minute ago, SlowMo said:

Do you remember the shop from Aliexpress that sells the MSuper for cheap? So many people placed their orders and in the end were notified by Aliexpress that their purchases would not be fulfilled.

Not sure ..i dont think i saw msuper sold cheap on aliexpress, but i am sure there are thousands of scammers online

As I read this topic all I think is that, even after the worldwide hoverboard fiasco and all the fires and legal claims some consumers are still fooling themselves that a device that sells for less than the price of a correctly manufactured battery will miraculously become the same device as a quality brand device. 

Old consumer proverb "Buyer beware, If it sounds to good to be true then it likely is"

I guess just like the hoverboards, only after receiving the device are consumers reflecting about reliability and safety.

31 minutes ago, Neale Gray said:

As I read this topic all I think is that, even after the worldwide hoverboard fiasco and all the fires and legal claims some consumers are still fooling themselves that a device that sells for less than the price of a correctly manufactured battery will miraculously become the same device as a quality brand device. 

Old consumer proverb "Buyer beware, If it sounds to good to be true then it likely is"

I guess just like the hoverboards, only after receiving the device are consumers reflecting about reliability and safety.

I don't think you need to worry about quality in this case. At these prices you are not going to get anything at all, it's just scammers working the system.

12 minutes ago, natethegreat said:

my order was canceled and refunded by wish :(

Wow, it means they know the seller is a scammer and they went ahead and refunded you. I know you were hoping to receive your motopogo, but this is not a bad turn of events considering it was probably a scam to begin with

I cancelled my 3 "too good to be true" orders after checking "sold out" similar listings which had bad reviews as Zody said, then I checked here and saw Zody's post, I saw exactly the same.

One review even said that they couldn't get the refund because the tracking number provided showed as delivered in UK, even if it was a different city to the correct delivery address (they just used a different existing tracking number of a real product...). Never saw this being done before, I hope Wish starts checking delivery address cities at least for "fake" tracking numbers on these refund requests, mainly if the Scam is obvious as an electric scooter for 50eur!

I ordered one of the "too good to be true" wheels and decided to let the scam run to see how it would be handled by Wish. 

The seller actually did send a package. The first thing I saw was that the package was an "epacket" in the tracking info. No wheel will fit in an epacket. So finally, after a few more days, the tracking showed that my package was delivered! Yay!! Not to me, but to some other zip code. It looks like this is a common scam if you look at some of the other reviews. I guess they hope a few folks just won't ask for a refund? 

I sent Wish a message through their system indicating that I thought I was scammed. Amazingly, Within a few hours I was refunded the entire amount. I have to say that the whole experience was really quite good. If Wish really does stand by the transaction, I'd say that you really don't have anything to loose. I would say however, if it looks to good to be true, it most certainly is. The site does seem to allow anyone to post anything.

So, in the end, it all worked out - other than the fact that I didn't get my $80 EU!!

Clearly, I'd be careful of things that seem too good to be true, but if it doesn't work out, Wish does seem to "have your back" as they say on their site.

just my experience, your results may vary...

1 hour ago, adhermes said:

I just got an email yesterday from Wish yesterday that my $128 off road two wheeled scooter with handlebars shipped from their San Francisco warehouse. I'm in Phoenix. Will keep you posted!

I wish for a miracle to happen and for you to receive the elusive off road scooter!!! 

Did they offer you all those free things too, I wanted to buy some things on here but I was skeptical about the site. I paid for the shipping and waited over a month, yet nothing came. I ask for a refund. Yet nothing. Deliver date was suppose to be Dec.17 at latest. I requested a refund last week. Nothing yet. Beware of this site. I'll give it 3 more days before contacting PayPal.

1 hour ago, NevNutz said:

Did they offer you all those free things too, I wanted to buy some things on here but I was skeptical about the site. I paid for the shipping and waited over a month, yet nothing came. I ask for a refund. Yet nothing. Deliver date was suppose to be Dec.17 at latest. I requested a refund last week. Nothing yet. Beware of this site. I'll give it 3 more days before contacting PayPal.

Nevnutz, what did you buy there? From one particular store or many different stores? How was the store reputation in the comments? Ive ordered $300 worth of stuff a week ago, all of which says shipped now, i guess in a bout a week they should be coming in... If they come in, we will see...

On 03/01/2016 at 9:25 AM, ThatCharlieDude said:

SO I just bought a metal stand for my euc for $7.60: https://www.wish.com/m/c/563c5357aeb6b2735bd621bd

If I remember to post in a month I'll let you know if it arrived and what condition it was in. :D

I received my "stand" today. My wife calls it a napkin holder. 

The thing's so small it won't even fit around my wheel. If I had paid more than a few bucks for it I'd be pissed. 

stand.jpg

37 minutes ago, ThatCharlieDude said:

I received my "stand" today. My wife calls it a napkin holder. 

The thing's so small it won't even fit around my wheel. If I had paid more than a few bucks for it I'd be pissed. 

stand.jpg

Can it be bent outward to accomodate the wheel?

I have received most of the small items i ordered on wish. They keep coming in. Some are mediocre quality as you would expect from a cheap chinese item ( like a bluetooth earpiece of $6) and some are great quality. Overall i am very satisfied with the experience. It depends on which store you buy from, of course

Archived