Darknessbot v6.3 battery level bug (iOS)

Since updating to 6.3 a couple days ago, the battery level indication for my KS16S has been wrong.  At full charge, it was reading like 11%.  The Kingsong app and the wheel itself showed full charge, and the smart charger also indicated full charge.  A friend who also has a 16S saw the exact same thing. 

I tentatively rode around and everything seemed fine... no tilt back or anything.  Battery level on the wheel and KS app showed what I’d expect... Darknessbot ended up at 0%.   Everything else that I checked on Darknessbot seemed fine ... range was being “correctly” calculated on what it thought the charge level and capacity was, so eventually was riding around with zero miles of range left 😛

I filed a report thru the app and was a bit surprised that there weren’t any posts here about it yet.

anyway... heads up... if Darknessbot apps reports abnormally low charge level, cross check with the manufacturer’s app and the wheel itself if it can indicate charge level. 

Edited by Daver

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent!   It hasn't been a huge deal not having battery-level/range since I can always check with the KingSong app, but it'll be nice having everything I need back in DarknessBot

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 11:15 PM, Mayhem said:

Any plans on fixing the voltage percentage issue for gotway wheels? @Alla Shkolnik

app never registers past 95%.... 

( yes batteries are in good condition and reach peak voltage) 

Gotway(Begode) controllers often send incorrect voltage information. But I agree it's a unique, just Gotway brand issue. I suppose we should add a manual battery percentage correction for Gotway(Begode) brand. 🤔
But I hope one day they fix this bug. 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 4:16 PM, Alla Shkolnik said:

Gotway(Begode) controllers often send incorrect voltage information. But I agree it's a unique, just Gotway brand issue. I suppose we should add a manual battery percentage correction for Gotway(Begode) brand. 🤔

Would be great if you could add a correction for it….. But I agree the fact that’s it’s a issue specifically for gotway is a strange one. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2021 at 4:16 PM, Alla Shkolnik said:

Thank you for the continued work to the app. Newest update has resolved this issue… also love the new feature to change the device name. 

• Like 1