New Gotway MSuper

1 hour ago, John Eucist said:

Wow that's a long time.  Vaporware.

Makes sense: Next HK fair.

Looks like GW get some pressure in sales with the Kingsong KS18. Doing it that way customers will may be wait for the new MSuper and don't buy a KS18. Second they want to know in an early stage that the design is good and customers are amazed. Let's look how the next images look like if they get finalised. Third they may finance the project with third party money, often practised in that business (micro financing).

After the MCM4 problems (cut off, tire clearance, Christmas lightning instead of normal lights) with the first edition they need to take the time to make it proper that time.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Donafello said:

I heard from the person I purchased from that he contacted his supplier and that the msuper 3 is way off. maybe end of the year possibly. that was a early prototype

Can't be true. GW needs a fresh up or they would let a market pass by. The EU business is fast changing if you don't keep innovative. Gotway only need to change the shells, build in lights - ready is the new MSuper we saw in the rendering. Any other technology change can be done in an other release.

49 minutes ago, OliverH said:

Can't be true. GW needs a fresh up or they would let a market pass by. The EU business is fast changing if you don't keep innovative. Gotway only need to change the shells, build in lights - ready is the new MSuper we saw in the rendering. Any other technology change can be done in an other release.

This is true. I, for example, will be tempted to get a more competitive kingsong 18 knowing the new gotway is not coming out for a while. Also, by announcing this upgrade too early, gotway is compromising the sales if their current msuper as some may choose to hold off with the current model purchase which will result in lost profits by gotway and their distributors. Oliver is right, for their own sake, Gotway needs to segment the changes, issue an annual upgrade of the shell, include the light and maybe the tilt back and announce it a couple of months prior, not half a year or more prior to the release.

35 minutes ago, Cloud said:

This is true. I, for example, will be tempted to get a more competitive kingsong 18 knowing the new gotway is not coming out for a while. Also, by announcing this upgrade too early, gotway is compromising the sales if their current msuper as some may choose to hold off with the current model purchase which will result in lost profits by gotway and their distributors. Oliver is right, for their own sake, Gotway needs to segment the changes, issue an annual upgrade of the shell, include the light and maybe the tilt back and announce it a couple of months prior, not half a year or more prior to the release.

Loocking at the shop of the French distri e-roue I can't find a MSuper V2 in stock/ in their catalog. Wheelsworld report it as status orange: limited quantity. Currently no production of a V2 or eol? Gotway need more than a MCM4 and MCM4s in the lineup, as this are not as competive as they should be.

2 hours ago, OliverH said:

I will believe what my guy told me who personally spoke to someone that spoke to the factory. Your just guessing and there is no facts to back up what you are saying. Also Its not as easy as just change the shell and add headlights. So much more goes into a product that will be sold across the planet.

12 minutes ago, Donafello said:

I will believe what my guy told me who personally spoke to someone that spoke to the factory. Your just guessing and there is no facts to back up what you are saying. Also Its not as easy as just change the shell and add headlights. So much more goes into a product that will be sold across the planet.

For a professional company that would be easy but still expensive (tool costs). A development needs time and resources. This companies are small which makes it difficult to act like bigger companies. 

Doing a fresh up and the time you need depends on how much you change. Think in modules and releases. If GW doesn't show up with a V3/ 2016 edition or what ever it will be named they loose money. 

Even if they release a 16" it's not enough. 

The ranking in this business can change fast. And ranking is sales so it's money. 

14 hours ago, OliverH said:

For a professional company that would be easy but still expensive (tool costs). A development needs time and resources. This companies are small which makes it difficult to act like bigger companies. 

Doing a fresh up and the time you need depends on how much you change. Think in modules and releases. If GW doesn't show up with a V3/ 2016 edition or what ever it will be named they loose money. 

Even if they release a 16" it's not enough. 

The ranking in this business can change fast. And ranking is sales so it's money. 

I still have to say the Msuper2 is the best EUC on the market. Its the fastest if you go with the HS version. Even if I was buying a EUC at this present moment I would not even think about anything but that. I actually hope they don't change this model becuase I love it so much and I want to be able to buy a new one in a year or so. I might even buy another and just store it just incase. I have a strong feeling that the newer model when ever it is released is not going to have the speed this one has. I heard something that companies are going to drop top speed to make them more legal. I could be wrong but I thought I heard 32km/hr as the top end, and if thats the case I would want a MSUPER2. The only way we will know for sure is to wait. But if you go to youtube and type in Msuper and king song 18in you'll clearly see who's got the market dominated

31 minutes ago, Nono said:

The MSUPER 18' was the first high speed in that size. Since a couple weeks, king song 18inch is available here and with 1100W motor and battery 1360kw/h many wheelers who had a MSUPER bought a KS too.

Whats top speed on that

2 hours ago, Nono said:

At least 35 km/h for the KS 18' with a real and efficient Tilt-back, I will test it in couple of days.

Some distributors limit it to 30 km/h per hour. Unlocked they talk about 40 km/h on the KS18 1100W.

Gotway don't need to develop a complete new MSuper. With a new shell, relocated batteries and some spare space for battery upgrades and lights they would attract the MSuper for customers on the move to Kingsong. The PCB is always in evolution so there will be definitely a new/ reworked PCB/ Firmware. The Kingsong is very nice and if you got it how to handle the height it makes fun and it's very responsive where you need much more force to make turns on the current MSuper.

I'm having problems after some km on the current MSuper it's to much width and my knees are feeling bad (damaged through sports in my younger times). So I appreciate the new thinner MSuper over the Kingsong because of height. I like to put also 4 EUs in my wife's back compartment of here convertible and not only in my station wagon. That's one of the reasons against Kingsong.

The new MSuper would be more space efficient and it's strong enough for me to go heavy slopes over here - tested with v2. But if the new MSuper is not available by April (2016 ;) ) I need to make my decision to go ahead with the V2 and a custom case or make a compromise and go with the KS18.

one disadvantage: not sufficiant mudguard: my backpack is full of mud when it rains. But if I don't have a backpack, then my jacket is not polluted. The mud just do not arrive at my jacket. with the backpack it does.

Meanwhile, I have done 2700km with my unicycle (2200km with Gotway Msuper)

6 hours ago, marc said:

one disadvantage: not sufficient mudguard

Thats actually an advantage. The 18" wheels are meant for offroading. Wheels with mudguards get all sorts of crap stuck between the wheel and the mudguard when riding on loose terrain, such as leaves, rocks, trash, etc. If you prefer to have a mudguard, then get the upcoming 16". 

On December 31, 2015 at 3:57 PM, OliverH said:

There should be a new/ improved Mainboard in the new MSuper with a new firmware. Cut off fixed ;)

Is this confirmed by Gotway? I hope so

7 hours ago, marc said:

one disadvantage: not sufficiant mudguard: my backpack is full of mud when it rains. But if I don't have a backpack, then my jacket is not polluted. The mud just do not arrive at my jacket. with the backpack it does.

Meanwhile, I have done 2700km with my unicycle (2200km with Gotway Msuper)

You can always make your own simple attachment to the wheel. There many examples out there 

3 hours ago, NevNutz said:

Is this confirmed by Gotway? I hope so

You can always make your own simple attachment to the wheel. There many examples out there 

The high speed cut off is fixed I understood from a conversation with @Jane Mo But may be she make some official statements. From my understanding this should be a Firmware setting/ programming. 

20 minutes ago, OliverH said:

The high speed cut off is fixed I understood from a conversation with @Jane Mo But may be she make some official statements. From my understanding this should be a Firmware setting/ programming. 

When the MCM4 was first released, Jane also said that there would be tilt-back upon reaching the max speed. Apparently there was none.

The MCM4s was also a bad release. Ride above 25km/h is not confortable ; i'm not confident on this... That's why i gonna sell it. Waiting for a feed-back of the new-owner of the 16' And 18' about the firmware otherwise i Will Switch to a another brand maybe the ks-18A from Kingsong or the newcoming 16'' KS.

16 minutes ago, Nono said:

The MCM4s was also a bad release. Ride above 25km/h is not confortable ; i'm not confident on this... That's why i gonna sell it. Waiting for a feed-back of the new-owner of the 16' And 18' about the firmware otherwise i Will Switch to a another brand maybe the ks-18A from Kingsong or the newcoming 16'' KS.

Sorry to hear that your not happy with your MCM4s. If I were to buy a unit for thrill speed riding, the Kingsong units would be my top priority. You should sell it while it's still fresh and get the KS18 which is top notch in performance.

I have a Msuper and love it. Although I've crashed it at full speed twice because of the cutoff with pretty bad road rash, it's still one of my favorite toys.

Here's some suggestions for a future version:

1. integrate a speaker so you can listen to music through bluetooth

2. One of those pull up trolley handles that's built in 

3. one or two USB ports so you can charge your phone :)

I've added those 

1453175223269627784825.jpg

3 minutes ago, THEhiddenALEX said:

I have a Msuper and love it. Although I've crashed it at full speed twice because of the cutoff with pretty bad road rash, it's still one of my favorite toys.

Will you share some details of the cutoffs youve experienced? Thanks

2 hours ago, THEhiddenALEX said:

I've added those 

1453175223269627784825.jpg

You forgot the lights, but we know from the rendering that this feature should come. If you ever used that cheapish BT "HiFi" speakers in the Kingsong you think about better using a battery driven mobile BT speaker in any way assembled to the EU. Much more quality.

On 12.1.2016 at 8:16 AM, Nono said:

Kingsong is in the step to catch existing Gotway customers as they requested features from Gotway they didn't deliver yet. Season start in Europe comes close now. March/ April I'll be on the EU again when snow and ice disappears. If you like to attract customers with a new EU it must be ready by February to be delivered by March. If someone waits for a new model coming April or later it must be superior EU.

9 minutes ago, OliverH said:

Kingsong is in the step to catch existing Gotway customers as they requested features from Gotway they didn't deliver yet. Season start in Europe comes close now. March/ April I'll be on the EU again when snow and ice disappears. If you like to attract customers with a new EU it must be ready by February to be delivered by March. If someone waits for a new model coming April or later it must be superior EU.

Maybe in Europe but apparently Gotway is doing good business in Asian countries most notably in Thailand.

28 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Maybe in Europe but apparently Gotway is doing good business in Asian countries most notably in Thailand.

Europe could have totally different sales figures (multiplication from current low sales figures) if they would listen what the market demands and what lobby work is needed for the long term to reach that goal.

Archived