V10F power pad recommendations?

DocPablo

Hey y'all,

I'm getting more and more comfortable on my V10F and would like the ability to jump over curbs and get some air when the terrain allows for it. I've looked at clark pads, kuji pads, and the Inmotion v11 power pads but I don't want to pull the trigger without some recommendations first.

I would like to buy a nice set of clark pads that I will be able to switch out when I inevitably upgrade to a better wheel, but I want to make sure these would fit my V10F. Are these pads interchangeable? I haven't done modded my wheel at all so I am curious as to what other folks are doing.

So do I get higher end clark pads and that will let me learn on a lighter wheel before I upgrade? Do I buy cheaper pads to learn on and then upgrade to clark's when I get a high-end wheel? Am I overlooking any other brand that will fit my needs better? 

As always, I'm thankful for the help from this amazing community!

• 4 weeks later...

Alot of people like to make customised pads however pads are a personal preference so theres no best pad fits all. 

Here are some examples of pads available in the UK sometimes you will have to play with pads to get the right fit n position. 

Some would sau the V10F is small and light enough you dont need pads once again its about personal preference. 

https://highendscooters.co.uk/?s=Pads&post_type=product

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 11:00 AM, 18517 said:

@DocPablo, did you ever decide on a purchase?  I've been riding a V10F for a year, and am just learning about power pads.  I am wondering which would work well with the V10F?

Sorry for the late reply, haven't been on here in a bit. Too busy wheelin' around lol.

I haven't purchased any yet. I might just wait until I get a bigger wheel. Let me know if you find something that works for the V10F though. 

Personally, I don't think pads will do much for you with the V10F. It's already a quite responsive wheel, and adding pads will increase the risk of overpowering it. I'm a pretty small guy and I can easily overpower mine in a steep(ish) uphill slope without any pads.

Reasons for getting them would in my mind be: 1) you want to jump; 2) you find the wheel too thin; 3) you want more breaking power; or 4) you want to be more securely attached to the wheel in the event of a surprise pothole, or something such. All good reasons, but myself, I prefer riding "naked."

If you do get pads, make sure to use velcro attachment, so you can reposition them as needed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, amomymous said:

Riding completely "naked", don't your ankle bones rub on the hard plastic shell?

Nope, but I don't tend to squeeze the wheel when l ride. When turning I let the upper pillow rest against my leg, but I've never had any trouble with the ankles. My stance might be wider, with maybe an inch between the shoe and the wheel body.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1