So… when are we migrating the forums?

shellac

"automatic upright unicycle" is interesting, but is way too long and is not any better than "Electric UniCycle"
It's even worst as 3 words or AUU.

It have to be short & simple more than anything. Don't we call these simply "Wheel" for most of us?
American fans of Pick-up can be more specific, and replace the letters "EUC", by the words "up-wheel"

It describe quite well how works our wheel, or at least its main feature, is short, and does not sound too weird.

Edited by Camenbert

4 hours ago, Camenbert said:

"automatic upright unicycle" is interesting, but is way too long and is not any better than "Electric UniCycle"
It's even worst as 3 words or AUU.

It have to be short & simple more than anything. Don't we call these simply "Wheel" for most of us?
American fans of Pick-up can be more specific, and replace the letters "EUC", by the words "up-wheel"

It describe quite well how works our wheel, or at least its main feature, is short, and does not sound too weird.

someone shop a sherman in the back, too lazy

DF0D4910-E321-48DE-A53D-A4990BA456B0.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 6:48 PM, AtlasP said:

On a fundamental level, it's about keywords and gaming the youtube algorithm for views--the people doing this couldn't care or understand less about the legal side.

Although I do think it might have the legal benefit as an accidental byproduct.

Look at the tittles Chooch is using for inspiration :P

ZPWQlnI.png

Edited by Jean eRide.ie Community
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 7:21 PM, Toad said:

...But the word itself is not embargoed:  our model predicts that the household word best positioned to capture the automatic upright unicycle in the popular lexicon is "vacuum".

If you've ever heard an EX when the fan is running you'll know this is actually pretty appropriate; I've named mine 'Hoover' for this reason. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, winterwheel said:

Perhaps we could go this way and call them Woogles? Wheegles? wheegles.com is available.:)

I second the vote for Wheegles!!!:D

In all seriousness, monowheel is already taken (one wheeled motorcycle where the rider sits inside the wheel), so that's out for me. I do call it an EUC ,pronounced EE-YOU-SEE, though I have heard a couple people around me pronounce it YOOK (which I kinda like, and will probably call it that for a while... so sue me).

EWheel lends itself to being easy to understand I feel, so my vote is there.

But Wheegle would definitely be that close second. ;)

• Like 1

Since lots of peeps have offered their share of flowery terms, I'd be remiss if I didn't proffer my $0.02 here. I hereby proclaim all my EUCs...The OrgasmicWheel - the "Big O" for short. I think it well fits the nomenclature do ya thunk? I know that's why I ride one🥰.

FWIW wifey says I'm always extra frisky after a ride😝

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

Since lots of peeps have offered their share of flowery terms, I'd be remiss if I didn't proffer my $0.02 here. I hereby proclaim all my EUCs...The OrgasmicWheel - the "Big O" for short. I think it well fits the nomenclature do ya thunk? I know that's why I ride one🥰.

FWIW wifey says I'm always extra frisky after a ride😝

Mix in some AVAST sounds that speed up with the wheel. Yeah, ding ding ding... we have a winner.   The BIG O! Or if its an mten. The almost sneak by you  LITTLE O. Finally us men can have more than one at the same time too!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/7/2021 at 8:27 PM, OldFartRides said:

They’re not fully automatic upright unicycles, so it should be semi-automatic upright unicycles, or SAUU’s.

I can tell you are not in Canada. "Semi-Automatic" is just not going to fly with political leadership.

I usually refer to it simply as ‘The Wheel ‘…or my Wheel.   I don’t dislike the term SVC.(Self Controlled Vehicle ) either., although the Vehicle bit would have legislators in a dither.  The term' E Wheel' also works for me,   I’m not that fond of the term EUC…The unicycle bit conjures up images of some clown on a trick bike trying to juggle or play a violin etc.   

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 7:02 PM, VikB said:

3000w-unicycle-featured.png

ONE WHEELED ELECTRIC ABRHAMS M1 MAIN BATTLE TANK - MILITARY GRADE!!!!

Ehh don't tanks have some sort of weapon like a canon or gun turret? 

7 hours ago, DWOTR said:

I can tell you are not in Canada. "Semi-Automatic" is just not going to fly with political leadership.

For that very reason, we shall reserve "semi-automatic" for describing throttle-controlled 2-wheel standing scooters.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 9:31 PM, alcatraz said:

"wheel" is an easier term.

Are we still kicking around names? This little cartoon got me thinking.... I before E.:)

51232812134_118acb6888_b.jpg

• Like 2