So… when are we migrating the forums?

shellac

I'm shivering in excitement that I get to correct everyone I know that the proper term for my ride has changed from Eee-you-see to haffy-bike! They're going to be so glad to have the official new name to call it from now on and forever.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2021 at 9:55 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

Im assuming the rename is an effort to have it lumped into a bicycle,  have the same privledges, without the legalities of a scooter or motorcycle?

On a fundamental level, it's about keywords and gaming the youtube algorithm for views--the people doing this couldn't care or understand less about the legal side.

Although I do think it might have the legal benefit as an accidental byproduct.

• Like 1

Let's leave it at that.

The golden rule of longevity is what is not broken do not fix.

Google is not a word either, and everyone uses it. Let's be proud of what is built and written here on the forum.
Buying a domain with a link to this forum is of course a good idea.

Personally, I don't use redit because there everyone climbs in everyone's ass for likes / thumbs up. Because without LIKE, the post / opinion is hidden from others even if it is a pure but unpopular truth.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OldFartRides said:

They’re not fully automatic upright unicycles, so it should be semi-automatic upright unicycles, or SAUU’s.

Because everyone knows that fully automatic with operators in full battle gear, is definitely illegal.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

EUC is already universal.

I see zero connection between an EUC & an Ebike, not to mention half of it

"Half" sound negative, like half able. There is no way EUC is call half whatever...

Edited by Camenbert
  • Like 3

I think weshould make a universal name, with inspiration from greek and france. Ati(άτι) it a pride beautiful horse in greek. Mix up some france and keep the original term for nostalgia, and we have the 

de euc ati  or ducati for short. 

lets all agree and then we can ask the Italians. :D

Edited by enaon
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Camenbert said:

EUC is already universal. I see zero connection between an EUC & an Ebike, not to mention half of it

Half ebike sound half able, if not half stupid :P

I can see the connection, I I think bikes should be renamed to double eucs, or "euc with a training wheel". :D 

• Like 3

On 5/6/2021 at 3:05 PM, Rehab1 said:

Why not just go with EWheel. Even though Jason’s website uses the plural term I’m sure he would love it. 

that's exactly what I call it to anyone that doesn't need to look it up online...much better term imo.

• Like 1

Halfebike makes no sense literally or figuratively. Ebikes do not self balance & there's no pedaling nor handlebar steering in EUCs. There's nothing much in common except an elec motor plus battery.

Heck I submit a manual unicycle aka MUNI has not much of a connection to an EUC except both are upright with a single wheel. Don't believe me, all yous EUC vets try riding a MUNI & the conclusion that they are very different pops up real quick.

Far's legislation goes, so long as we not hooligans en masse, the law can give 2 hoots. Are we even 1% of total bicycles? The only reason the law gives a shat is cos like basically most non registered forms of transport, its illegal on most places we like to ride. Its almost assured no one will give 2 sticks if we stick to dedicated bike lanes & pathways, within local speed limits ofcos.

A rose is a rose is a rose & would smell just as sweet by any other name. Someone wants to start a competing forum by spoofing it with another name so lets not kid ourselves here. End of the day, its all good. We have the right go to whichever forum that floats our boat - for now, til the communists take over😳

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:Someone wants to start a competing forum by spoofing it with another name so lets not kid ourselves here. End of the day, its all good. We have the right go to whichever forum that floats our boat - for now, til the communists take over

I thought the OP was joking.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

I thought the OP was joking.

Ahh soo....guess the joke's on me🥴.

However, I ain't jokin' bout the commies though🤐

• Like 2

I LOVE this place...:popcorn:

Sometimes....:facepalm:

Mostly...:laughbounce2:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1