MSP HS (high speed) when do the beeps kick in?

Hi guys, I'm struggling to find any good info on this. Some of the dealers say 40mph max, but I just bought a used one and I don't think it beeps even at 45mph.

Just wondering what to set my speed alarms to. Would like to allow for a reasonable safety buffer I suppose, but the lift cut off speed is 61mph! So i have no idea how conservative to actually be. (180lbs)

Thanks! Any and all insight appreciated. Just bought this wheel used, looking forward to pushing my speed a bit. I'm pretty sure I don't have a hope in hell to hear the beeps directly from the wheel at that speed, so I'm relying on the speed set alarms through the phone apps. 

Edited by Denny Paul

7 hours ago, EMA said:

it should beeps around 45-46mph

my advice is set speed alarms in app and use BT speakers, you can easy hear them even at 45mph

Thanks. Do you mean the built in bluetooth speakers or like a clampable external one some people have on like a backpack?

6 minutes ago, c5flybyu said:

How do you get the beeps to go to bluetooth?  

He's an eucw member per his signature(supporting premium as well :thumbup:). When Im using it, it can easily be set to send a myriad of alarms to the connected bluetooth. On my Ks18, its the wheel speaker. Otherwise, its a little portable speaker velcroed. This alarm is independent of the wheel 'data' bluetooth conncetion and usually triggered BEFORE the wheel buzzer itself. EUCW FTW!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

He's an eucw member per his signature. WHen Im using it, it can easily be set to send a myriad of alarms to the connected bluetooth. On my Ks18, its the wheel speaker. Otherwise, its a little portable speaker velcroed. This alarm is independent of the wheel 'data' bluetooth conncetion and usually triggered BEFORE the wheel buzzer itself. EUCW FTW!

Sweet.  I'm a member as well but haven't dug in to the settings that much.  Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, c5flybyu said:

Sweet.  I'm a member as well but haven't dug in to the settings that much.  Thanks for the info!

Glad I could help. Eucw has WAY more options than I understand. Be sure to take advantage of the 'headroom' and load alarms. I find that the wheel speed beeper is louder than the BT alarm on my KS. Be sure to crank the volume or get a LOUD speaker. Wind noise is a pita and helmets make it tougher to hear.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Glad I could help. Eucw has WAY more options than I understand. Be sure to take advantage of the 'headroom' and load alarms. I find that the wheel speed beeper is louder than the BT alarm on my KS. Be sure to crank the volume or get a LOUD speaker. Wind noise is a pita and helmets make it tougher to hear.

I have no issues on my KS but I do on the MSX.  I disabled the alarms on EUCW because I couldn't stand the voice prompts but see that I can just disable voice prompts and keep the alarms.  I picked up a pair or Tribit Stormbox micros so that should be nice and loud.  If that doesn't work then I will go with one bluetooth earbud.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/3/2021 at 9:29 AM, EMA said:

it should beeps around 45-46mph

my advice is set speed alarms in app and use BT speakers, you can easy hear them even at 45mph

Can you recommend any particular app for the MSP HC30? It is all completely new to me, and frankly I was dismayed to see how little operator instruction or setting up information came from the manufacturers - I’ve neither mastered intuition pertaining to EUC’s nor am I proficient in reading Cantonese, unfortunately, but I would like to understand the operational and setting up aspects of the wheel. Any link or tutorial material pointers much appreciated, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...