Finally!!!...I had a "flying" crash!!!

2 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

mad respect for you bro!

Me too. Gad, you are alright though! I think I’m actually a bird or a seal or something—time doesn’t slow down for me in those situations, it disappears. I’d be “shoot-ouch” with nothing in the hyphen. There are more words after, but that’s just my potty mouth and my mom is still around and I don’t want her washing my mouth out with soap so 🤐

5 hours ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

The wheel literally disappeared from under my feet, digging into the ground

That has a familiar ring to it. It describes most of my crashes; something stealing my wheel out from under me. Usually I don't have the dramatic ending though because I'm such a slow-poke.

I am glad you are well enough to write about it ... and read @ShanesPlanet response ... which has got to be the best part!

:facepalm: >> :P >> :efeeec645d:

At least the first one in the books now. More to come, trust me. Stay geared up if that is your choice!

at your age you should be more careful with these falls, never carve on wet surfaces or plastic/marble like surfaces.
near every rider has a serious fall at least once .... I (we most of us) appreciate that you share your story.

15 hours ago, Meserias said:

at your age you should be more careful with these falls, never carve on wet surfaces or plastic/marble like surfaces.
near every rider has a serious fall at least once .... I (we most of us) appreciate that you share your story.

@Meserias I know that. Whatever I break at my age... never gets 100% fixed again 🙄.

As you very we put it, I never carve on wet surfaces (particularly cobblestones) or marble like surfaces. That plastic grid with the underneath soft soil was a surprise. 

Well... always learning... 😁

17 hours ago, gon2fast said:

At least the first one in the books now. More to come, trust me. Stay geared up if that is your choice!

@gon2fast I weigh 8kg more with all the gear. I feel like robocop 😀

The weird thing was the hole on my elbow that was under such a thick layer of elbow guards (two on top of each other) 

18 hours ago, Scottie said:

That has a familiar ring to it. It describes most of my crashes; something stealing my wheel out from under me. Usually I don't have the dramatic ending though because I'm such a slow-poke.

I am glad you are well enough to write about it ... and read @ShanesPlanet response ... which has got to be the best part!

:facepalm: >> :P >> :efeeec645d:

@ShanesPlanet is my shaman... 

19 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Me too. Gad, you are alright though! I think I’m actually a bird or a seal or something—time doesn’t slow down for me in those situations, it disappears. I’d be “shoot-ouch” with nothing in the hyphen. There are more words after, but that’s just my potty mouth and my mom is still around and I don’t want her washing my mouth out with soap so 🤐

Yeah, it is so fast you hardly even feel the adrenaline rush. Before you know it you're looking at a busy ant on the ground 10cm from you nose... while pain invades your body... 😫😫😫

1 hour ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

Yeah, it is so fast you hardly even feel the adrenaline rush. Before you know it you're looking at a busy ant on the ground 10cm from you nose... while pain invades your body... 😫😫😫

I hear most people say that same thing. I must be VERY lucky or simply a time traveler. It REALLY does seem like the matrix when I get in a crash. Its almost like time stands still and I can hear/see/feel every thing. I don't think my physical reaction time takes advantage of the perception, as im unwilling to dodge bullets at this time.

Glad you came out fairly unscathed. I bet you didnt figure you'd be rolling around on one wheel, getting scratched up, and climbing back on; when you were sitting on the couch scratching your nu*z last year about this time! See, you have traveled back in time to a younger you already! I wonder if the mind connection to youth could have a positive benefit to injury recovery? Sure.. why not! We wont pay any mind to the fact that this same youthful mind is what gets us injured to begin with! Seize the day you young bastard!

On 5/1/2021 at 3:23 AM, gon2fast said:

More to come,

Ditto:popcorn:

I wonder what the outcome would have been had you not been wearing safety gear.  That is what would go through my mind after a spill in my motorcycling days.  The more layers of bubble wrap the better I say  :-)

6 hours ago, Lex Smith said:

I wonder what the outcome would have been had you not been wearing safety gear.  That is what would go through my mind after a spill in my motorcycling days.  The more layers of bubble wrap the better I say  :-)

@Lex Smith I feel like a blimp with all the gear... but it's saved my neck a few times since January... 😁😁😁